Problems with Google Chrome Browser.

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by uncle_vanya, Aug 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I use Windows XP Home operating system. I have a number of browser software loaded on my PC. I usually use 'Google Chrome', but am having problems lately with 'unresponsive' pages etc.

I have used the other browsers such as 'Lunascape6', Firefox, Enigma. From experience, which is the most reliable, secure and has the least problems with use?

2. I don't know about secure, but in the past I found Firefox was the most reliable and pretty quick too.

I'm using IE8 at the moment, mainly 'cause I'm too bone idle to change.
  3. Google Chrome errors and crashes - Google Chrome Help

If this does not connect you to the Google Help - Troubleshooting section. Click on spanner on top right of screen and then select - Help - then Troubleshooting.

Using the same spanner click on About Google Chrome - this will check what version of Chrome u r using and update it for you if you are not using the latest copy.

Avoid the Beta version - it gave me nothing but bother but I have no problems with normal Chrome.

If all else fails Uninstall (use Revo or a good uninstaller) and re-install latest version from web (13.0.782.107 is latest)

Download and use this to check all your kit is up to date and take action if it shows items are not - free and easy to use.

Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI) - Introduction
  4. I found firefox to be pretty good. Thought chrome was shit.
  5. I use IRON. If you use chrome you may not notice a difference in layout, however in terms of speed, security and crashes, its better than chrome.