Problems with changing Avatar

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by sweet_cheek, Dec 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For some reason I cannot change my avatar although the new picture has a correct size. Any advice?

Thanks

SC

2. Might be in a format not supported here? Post the image and I'll give it a try, or I can change it to a different format if it doesn't work.

3. Check your pm.

4. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Still having problems - then PM me too

5. T_B is trying to fix it. The thing is that its not only my avatar I cannot upload, the same is with my profile picture. I tried to load few different ones and it just wasn't working at all.

6. Thought it was something simple like an incorrect file size or something, turns out I can't edit my avatar at all to anything different either.
    just get the message :

vBulletin Message
    Unable to save image

Any ideas boss?

7. Bad CO

Definitely something odd going on here which may be related to the new gallery which is also broken. We're on the case!!

8. Trick_Boom I'm a lot new on this site regarding ethics and the like so please put any foolish behaviour coming from me in an errand to get a long weight a sky hook and some felopian tubes? But could you if I successfully post the picture I'd like to use for my Avatar in this post do some Kung-fu and web pokey jiggery to make said pic my avatar?[​IMG]

9. Trick_Boom I think I'll be able to get that Sky Hook in a couple of posts
    [​IMG]

10. To everyone following this thread may I apologise for the multi posts !!! Sorry! I haven't familiarized myself totally with the forum board and how it all works it's quite new to me...

Trick_Boom I hope I have successfully included the image I'd like if you can do the fandango to use as my avatar I'll take some sleeping pills in the meantime and not bother all and asunder on here!!!

Attached Files:

11. I got exactly the same msg and it was before the new gallery was introduced as well as after.

I just want to change my picture for a xmas one :(

12. Bad CO

Just to let everyone know that there is a known issue which means you are not able to change you avatar at the moment. We are looking into it!

13. I managed to upload a new avatar, thanks for fixing the problem, but I have noticed that it isn't displayed anymore with posts. Is that normal?

14. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Seems fine to me. Do you mean you don't see any avatars on this page?

15. Yes, its what I meant. This page or any other as well.