Problems Posting

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Bad CO, Jul 13, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

I'm told that some people may be having problems using the forum to post - just stick a message here telling me what it is and I'll sort it out!!! Only joking...

Seriously if there is anyone in that position please email me at or use msn with the same email address.

I'm very keen to dig into this if there is a problem but will need to know information.
  2. Nothing major...just a quikie...

What is the meaning of the number alongside the word Joined under my avatar?
  3. Bad CO

In order to change over to the new software we had to use a converter, unfortunately the only ones available had a few flaws... one of the flaws is that the date joined converter didn't work! Hence the gibberish underneath our names... I think I'm going to change everyone's to todays dates.. if I can figure out how!
  4. Bad CO

Well that was relatively painless! Anyone else who wants their date joined changed please let me know and I will do the business...
  5. I am still unable to post from the aol portal, I continue to get 'invalid-session' message.............ahhhhhh well, I'll stick to getting here via Internet Explorer.
  6. AS one who could not post via IE I will pass on the words of wisdom given to me by Bad CO. Delete your old ARRSE cookies and all is well. As hopefully this post will now prove.
  7. It's not well in my case! :(

Deleted everything I could think of - still no joy.
    Does anyone else out there use AOL and has no problems.
    It's THEM - not me! :)

8. Lifesaver, I'm an AOL user. Try this. Click on Start/Programs and look for AOL. There will be two menus in the AOL tab, one for AOL itself and the other (if I can remember, as I'm sat in work) will say 'AOL System Info', or 'AOL Info' (or words to that effect). Click on this. You'll get the AOL system folder. Click on Utilities, and look for AOL Adapter. Click delete for this, then look above the adaptor tab and click on 'Clear Cache'. This cleans all the muck out of AOL. Restart your PC. Then re-start AOL. Once open, minimize AOL, and look for Internet Explorer on your Desktop or Programs menu, and open this (if you have a Firewall, click on yes to use Internet Explorer). Once open, type in, no, only kidding.... type in and Internet Explorer will go to the new arrse site and apply the security for the new site to the AOL settings. Close Internet Explorer, and try logging on to ARRSE via AOL. If your a broadband user, and you keep getting a error stating '503 or 4 Connection Timeout', PM me for a patch.
  9. Bad CO

Gunny - you are the man! I never realised that AOL was such a pain...
  10. Cheers Gunny,
    I had done everything previously except uninstalling the network adaptor.........

Started from scratch, AND deleted all cookies and files from 'Internet Options' in control panel and did everything you said.
    Logged back in via AOL but still cannot post from AOL.

Getting the invalid session message.

I'm using AOL 8 AND XP...... not using broadband.
  11. testing
  12. and again
  13. OK guys, if you can read this, it's still working!

I go onto AOL, then go onto MSN ( In MSN I put into the Search box, click onto the first find result and come through to teh site.

When I reply to a post , JUST before I hit the submit button, I clear all cookies (go to Start - Find - enter 'cookies' (Mine's in my C drive), delete them all, delete them from the waste paper bin, and I also go into AOL, Sytem Information - Utilties and erase the browser items as well - THEN i hit the submit button!

And I do this every time I submit goes........
  14. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Clearly this is not good! We are working on this (I've just downloaded the files I hope will fix it) and Bad CO has done a lot of work on it. We will fix it as quickly as we can. AOL users bear with it and watch this space.
  15. Hiya Prod,
    I'm buggered if I'm going through that rigmorale! :lol:

Testing the new patch nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Nah, it doesn't work for me - yet! :cry: