Problems posting in the Hole

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Glesga_short_bloke, May 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Every time I try to add to Word Association I get this response "Sorry, but only moderators can reply to posts in this forum"

Wha? help?

2. Mentioned somewhere in the "keeping it together" thread, Glesga - it's been made read-only to reduce the dribble posts

3. Well, boogaloo :wink:

4. Maybe if they binned some of the "women and" threads they might not have to do this.

5. ouch - you wound me! And if you checked you'd see that I made the very same point this morning!

6. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

A bit of a shame, killing that one. It was harmless dribble, like playing Solitaire on Windows for some. Undoubtedly a waste of bandwidth, as they say, but then a lot of ARRSE is anyway.

It gave a lot of pleasure to many, and I know WW and BB67 will be missing it, and I have also had a PM suggesting re-starting it. However, we don't want to annoy management.

Do we have views on the subject?

7. Yes, burn the Royal Air Force :D

8. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Thanks, MDN. I had hoped this might attract some sensible views ... :roll:
    Pray tell, how do I start a "Closed Community" like the Longdon, where Crabs can gather and slag off soldiers? :D

9. That was a sensible view! Still awaiting courts martial for that very issue. Made easier at least now by "running" everything from the same place, if you fancy an arson spree MDN i'll give you a hand. As long as you weren't hinting i should go up with it? :?

10. Stab someone in the face with a Mauser bayonet, I can imagine you will be part of a closed community pretty quickly.

What would you call a crab forum?

Botty alley?
    men in blue club?
    gaydar?

11. The hotel bar? 8O

12. RAF-Proud to serve.

Oh look, you've got your own website already!! :D

www.proudtoserve.co.uk

13. And you're a moderator there fish breath...... ;)

14. No, don't be silly-I own it!!! :D

Nah, I upset a few of their members a while back by some comments I made on here and I was tipped off about the bitchfest there by all the squeals and Hi-NRG music being pumped out.

15. how else would he know it exhisted? oops, sorry, forgot he's a matelot. Is that not the same as rum ration? wouldn't want to tread on the navy's toes.