Problem trying to read PMs

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by hackle, Jun 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Someone must have mentioned this already?

In IE7, the text of PMs breaks to the right to the edge of the page, thus extending over the 'My Account Tools' column and virtually unreadable.
  2. Highlight the message and you will be able to read it clearly. Sounds like a formatting problem, I get it as well.
  3. I'm having the same problem. Was fine previously but seems to be playing silly beggars today.
  4. (Good CO)

Thanks for flagging this up. It was a result of a fix to limit th width of external pictures included in posts. I *think* that both are now fixed, but I'll wait for the next problem!
  5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

The fix to limit the width of external images in posts won't work in IE6 but otherwise all seems OK. I also removed the horrible thick border around attachments while I was at it.
  6. Also getting the same text overrun in Firefox 3 in my PM box...GCO :( makes reading my daily ration of filth difficult :p
  7. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I have FF3 and have no problems with PMs :?
  8. opps me bad its working now GCO... was last night it was when i last looked

slinks off to naughty step to write out 100 times 'Doh keep up halo' :oops:
  9. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

No problem - I should have said, a crtl and F5 pressed together page refresh may be needed to clear out your browser's cache.
  10. All sorted now :D
  11. Dont shout at me because i am a computer div. :oops:

When ever i get a pm and click on it,it says broken link and page not found.

I thought it was me and was waiting for it to correct itself,mind you it still might be me.