Problem regarding shaving

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by UKChrisT, Jul 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Since I joined the TA i've obviously had to shave a lot more and I have very sensitive skin, everytime I shave it just seems to rip my skin apart and leave a horrible rash. I have been using the disposable shavers by Bic because I heard these might solve the problem which wasn't the case.

Any idea's what to do?

2. Bic razors id say are the cause, i used to have the same problem when using them,so went gillete and it stopped, but thats my case.

3. Use King of Shaves shaving gel,, made for sensitive skin, contains aloe vera.

4. Do you recommend any certain gillette razor?

I was thinking about buying an actual shaving system mains/battery powered...

5. oh you mean out of the field, i had an electric razor back in camp, but out, i used bic till i got a gillete safety razor. Think its something to do with the metal bic use for the blades.

6. I get the same mate.

When i shave it's fine, then after a day or so i get a shaving rash which looks as if i have acne or something.

The best way to deal with it is to have a decent face wash to use straight after shaving, and a good moisturiser.

Make sure you rub in the moisturiser after shaving in the problem areas(rub in for a good minute)

When you wake up the next morning do the same thing and it should be ok.

It's when the hair starts to grow back through the skin and causes inflamation.

Hope this is what your on about anyway.

DaPs.

7. Yeah, sorry my mistake should of made myself a bit more clear.

I'll certainly look into the gillette safety razor. If anyone can recommend any decent electric razors please let me know - much appreciated.

8. BIC :( throw it away - they used to cut me to ribbons. Get a proper twin blade - sensor or similar and some gel. Gillette do gel for sensitive skin.

9. Just buy a small rechargeable/battery razor for in the field.

Failing that get a good gilette one, the fusion is good, if a bit expensive.
    If you are going to wet shave in the field make sure you use hot water, nothing worse than shaving with cold water! (IMHO)

10. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

ooops - this is not what i thought it might be ... i was about to recommend this :D

[​IMG]

11. I use a proper 3 or 4 blade gillette something or other, normally after a good long shower and some shaving gel of some sort. It's gillette again, it's green and my missus called me some names when she read out "moisturising" or somesuch on it (it was on 2 for 1 10 years ago, I don't look, I just grab and have used since).

Do that and you're fine.

Disposable bics are angled wrong, blunt in the wrong places and sharp in the wrong places and the steel will really piss some people's skin off

12. pictures please of you using it. :)

13. Cheers to all those who have wrote back. Good to see i'm not the only one experiencing the same problem.

Been looking at the Braun Contour 5875 from boots.

Clicky

14. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

sorry but the area i use it for is x-rated :D

15. Mach3 razor, king of shaves gel and for later in the day get the wee tub of vaseline - the green one - good for all cuts n scrapes in the field.

Shaving everyday is something you'll get used to, but the chin strap on yer tin lid will make that a long process.

Expect to have a bruised and purple chin/cheeks for a while.