Problem joining as RMP

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by AJMawson, May 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I am looking for as much help as possible. I applied to join the army with RMP as my first Job choice. Everything was going fine until today, I recieved a phone call from the Careers office telling me that my vetting for RMP had come back and said I cant join as RMP. I have never been charged with any criminal offence and was wondering what could stop me joining as RMP but nothing else. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Did you not ask why they were not letting you join ?

3. If you have never been in trouble with the police before (RMP requires no SPENT or UNSPENT convictions)then ask them what has appeared on your record, they will give you the reasons why face to face rather than people on here who havent a clue speculating why.

4. The person at the Careers office said he did not know why, so who would be able to tell me?

5. Might sound silly but ask again , there should be a reason , can not really believe your recruiter will tell you this without a proper explanation . Is it even possible that a recruiter wont know about something like this ? Have you ever had a CRB ? As far as I remember my disclosure was sent to be checked about a week before starting phase 1 ,plus I have received a copy at my home address also ! So how far are you in the process ? Good luck.