Problem joining as a RMP

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by AJMawson, May 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I am looking for as much help as possible. I applied to join the army with RMP as my first Job choice. Everything was going fine until today, I recieved a phone call from the Careers office telling me that my vetting for RMP had come back and said I cant join as RMP. I have never been charged with any criminal offence and was wondering what could stop me joining as RMP but nothing else. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Have you asked them why? Do you or your family have any dodgy past history?
  3. Never been charged? or never been accused of anything?
    Ever been interviewed over alleged offence?
  4. This is the Defense vetting Agency that do the vetting: Ministry of Defence | About Defence | What we do | Security and Intelligence | Defence Vetting Agency | Defence Vetting Agency (DVA)

They also check your background, such as family, to see if you have any scrotes in the cupboard.

There are two basic levels of checks and clearance; DV and SV with DV being the higher of the two. For RMP, you would need to satisfy DV.

However, there have been some changes, so it's worth getting in touch with them and asking what's changed, why you wasn't cleared, and quite simply if their new system actually works properly!
  5. Are your parents, Sean Bin Abdul, and Roisin Bin Abdul?

Formery Catholics until turning to Wahabi Islam?

Do you have a habit of taking six month long walking holidays in the Swat valley? and attending "weddings" most summers?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Family history's usually something that can surprise you in vettings. Someone who joined at the same time as me had an irish grandparent & that was enough to set the whole process back 5 or 6 weeks.

If it's something that has definitely stopped you being accepted though, it may be a problem with something you've done in your past & forgotten to mention or even a close friend or relative of yours may have done something or associated with the wrong people.
  7. I think SV is the default setting for RMP recruitment. DV is job specific and is done at the time you move into that job
  8. How many forumns sre you going to ask the same question in and get the same answers.............ask the ACIO what has come back from SC then if you are from a squeaky clean background with no SPENT or UNSPENT convictions ask reasons.
  9. My parents are in the army themselves and so were there parents so I cant see it being anything to do with family. @THE_IRON I posted in both forums at the same time. I apologise.
  10. As said go into the ACIO and ask to see the refusal letter, get the help desk number and use application number and ask them. If your family have been in the Army could this be down to Residency issues. people on here can give you general guidelines but you need hard facts and the only way you can do this is by going through the ACIO/SC helpdesk and getting to the bottom of the firstly find out what the rejection letter says.
  11. There's your answer, then
  12. Okay thanks for all your help. Shame about Iron getting relegated, but we knew it was coming, eh. :)
  13. You know not of what you speak. There are lots of levels of clearance. BC - Basic check, CTC - Counter Terrorist Check, SC - Security Cleared, and DV - Developed Vetting.

There are also different variants of SC/DV some Gov, some FCO, and they're not always transferable.

IIRC the RMP will be SC, not DV.
  14. Don't give the lad duff info, it's not SV it's SC (Security Cleared) All RMP are SC.
  15. I know sufficient thanks. I didn't intend to write an essay, or a lesson plan. Just simply to give the lad a link to their home page with their contact details and phone number along with the advice to contact them. Pretty simple really. He could check out their site for futher info he he wants to and find out about the others for himself. I told him enough to be getting on with.