Probably no God on London buses

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by insert-coin-here, Oct 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Full story clicky
    A genuine plea for rationality or needlessly baiting the faithful?

It's a brave bus driver who would be riding around with that on the side in some area's.

2. Yeah, have fun in forest gate and mile end!

3. But Stephen Green of pressure group Christian Voice said: "Bendy-buses, like atheism, are a danger to the public at large.

"I should be surprised if a quasi-religious advertising campaign like this did not attract graffiti.

"People don't like being preached at...'

Fcuking hypocrite! Oh my science!

4. Seems like they're just poking the hornets nest here...
    But then again this country is all about freedom of speech.
    I'm interested to see how this pans out tho

5. excellent news might have to go and knock a few doors
    "er you know there isn't a god " :twisted:

atheism it isn't a belief system its just slackness

6. Why bait people like that?in my opinion they are no better than fundamentalist clerics who talk about beheading Zionists and westerners! religion is personal!is it any wonder that the secularization of the U.K has led to the shit heap full of chavs,gypos and terrorists we see before us.....?

7. Funny,the biggest concentrations of these sort of types I have ever seen are of the Staunch Catholic or Protestant persuasion....

8. That has to be the most ridiculous thing I have heard all week.
    What an utter bollox, unsubstantiated and ludicrous statement.

9. It's not really baiting people, unless you say that preaching in the streets is also baiting people and if they can do that then there's no reason BHA shouldn't be allowed. Yes religion is personal - a personal choice about which to follow, that doesn't mean there should be no advertising.

And a few posters is a far cry from advocating violence.

10. Excellent,
    Its a free country (allegedly) and contrary to a lot of religious bollox it isn't actually having a go at anybody.

11. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

"Probably no Mohammed" would cause more of a stir me thinks!

12. I really am surprised that the 'Department for not offending those that hold a gun to the head of freedom of expression' have not jumped all over this.

13. the part of london I hail from would probably not appreciate- the number 3 bus goes there, it doesnt come back but I think the guesture is important

14. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Funny that.

It's OK to say "There is only one god, and Mohammed is his prophet", or "There is only one God and Jesus is his son", or "If you diss the name of Allah or Mohammed, we'll chop your head off or gun you down in the street" etc., but if you dare to say "There probably isn't a God", and you stick it on the side of a bus, everyone gets outraged and wants to kill you.

Just ain't fair is it?

The religious nutters and zealots have had it their own way for thousands of years, but will they give the poor old Atheist a break; a look in; a chance; a small opinion that he might publish? Will they fcuk.

15. From my public transport experiences, I woould agree that there probably isn't a God anywhere on London buses. There was a nice lady with a puppy on the 214 the other day, but I doubt that the Good Lord would have got off just after the Angel and lit up a rolly.