Pro-forces sports commentator

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by crabby, Jul 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know this is just a little point, but it made me happy.

Watching Murray getting done over in the tennis by an Israeli (serves the Scottish git right) and he's moaning about various things.

The commentator said "I know he's young, but just think about all those 19 year olds out in Basrah". I don't think he could have put it any better. Murray is out there acting like a spoilt brat cos it's hot and he's losing. Out in the sandpit and 'ghanistan 19 year olds are out in hotter conditions wearing body armour and with the constant threat of being shot/bombed/mortared/hung out to dry by brass and a government that couldn't care.

I can't remember where, but there was another comment recently which was pro-forces and it can only be a good thing. What with the evacuation of British Citizens from Lebanon by the Royal Navy - with shots of marines and sailors carrying children, and very media savvy officers putting a good face on - surely the public's estimation of the forces can only go up? Or is that wishful thinking?
  2. Nice sentiment
  3. -World cup wasn't it? England Vs Sweden .
  4. Are you perhaps referring to Clive Tyldsley? During a World Cup game he said something like 'and we say hello to some of our most important viewers, our servicemen and women in various dangerous places around the world' That's not the exact quote, but the gist of it.
  5. thats the badger.
  6. Aye, sailors carrying children that were old enough to walk under their own steam.

I reckon they just saw the photographers & picked up the brats just so they would be in line for a QCVS in next years honours list. :wink:
  7. Not all of them, and perhaps it's a safety thing - don't want little kids getting lost etc. Good PR anyway, the softer sides of the booties and matelots.

All we need to do now is show them rescuing a trap bunny from a trap and the image makeover is complete...
  8. Sorry to the more cynical of you. I was present when Bulwark docked. The Booties and sailors worked their backsides off helping the young and elderly get off the vessel. No doubt some seniors saw the opportunity for self-aggrandisement but the lads worked hard.