Pro Bullshitter?

Discussion in 'Juniors' started by Mybestfriendismikehunt, Apr 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not entirely sure i am posting this in the right place, if i'm not then can someone point me in the right direction?

OK, cliched as this will seem, i know this guy at uni (who's far far removed from being called a mate) who is CONSTANTLY bullshitting about the Army paying for his degree etc etc. I'm looking for any info that means i can prove he's bullshitting in front of a large group of people to shut him the :censored: up.

Here's a few examples of his stories:
    I'll be sure to keep this list up to date if he comes out with any more interesting stories.........

I know he's not a member of the nearest UOTC as i had a nice long chat with them a few weeks ago.

Please please someone provide me with some websites, or a nice long list of posts telling me this is all utter bullshit, or surprise me and prove it isn't. :D

2. Here's a few examples of his stories:

3. I think he is just a cunt

4. Or even a walting cunt.

5. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Out of interest, and maybe to equip the poster with some fun ammo, what do students on Army Scholarship's actually get these days, and what are their obligations while at Uni???

6. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Had a quick root around and came up with this page. As far as I know degrees are sponsored/ in reciept of bursaries if they are specifically required by the army. Otherwise you follow a degree course in the usual way. For instance students going on from Welbeck to study for a technical arm would almost certainly be eligible (and their A Levels at Welbeck would have been directed toward their Undergraduate course)..I think it's called a DTUS. The linked website says that for such technical undergrads they would recieve...

Might be worth asking him how a sports scientist gets £12k, while a technical undergrad gets around £5.5k....

7. £1500 a year at sixth form, £1000 a year at Uni and £3000 upon completing the first term of RMAS IIRC.

There is also I think an obligation to join the OTC.

8. Under the old University Cadetship system, which finished a couple of years ago, around 30 individuals each year were given a probationary commission, paid somewhere between £9-13k pa, given a 6-figure army number, and required to be 'on the books' at OTC (though actual committment usually at CO's discretion). Tuition costs were paid by MoD, and any degree course (I think) was accepted. They also had to complete PREUC (Pre University Cadetship Course). I don't believe there are any people still in the system under this scheme.

So yes, he's talking b0llocks, but he's picked up on a few points from the old system.

9. :D

Thanks very much for the input guys, I'll be sure to call the guy out for his bullshit next time we're out in a big group so i can see what his reaction is when he can't just ignore it.

10. just to add to that, you cannot enter the army anymore straight in to the PT corps. You have to be a serving soldier who has been recommended for JNCO and have completed the AAPTI course. Which may i add. Is not open to officers!!!!

Make sure you time it right when you let all the info out and let us know how you got on. Preferably with a lot of pictures of everyone laughing at him.

Or even better pictures of him hanging himself after the shame of being found out to be a lying studenty type!!!!

11. Wouldn't it be simpler to ask what his ARRSE username is?

12. I think seeing the threads nearly a year old, that he isnt going to tell us what happened.

13. Yeah i just realies that. I have already been outside and had a quite word with myself. TWICE!

Need to be a bit more observant.