Pro boots

Ihave a pair of Pro boots which have seen better days. I only use them for walking the dog and are great this time of year.

I wish to replace them. Mine are the original design with the red lining. I noticed you can get a new version of Pro boots with grey lining and a pull on tab on the back of the boot.

Are these any good or am i better sticking to the first design?

I presume the new version is the current issue?

Many thanks

Dogwalker said:
Ihave a pair of Pro boots which have seen better days. I only use them for walking the dog and are great this time of year.

I wish to replace them. Mine are the original design with the red lining. I noticed you can get a new version of Pro boots with grey lining and a pull on tab on the back of the boot.

Are these any good or am i better sticking to the first design?

I presume the new version is the current issue?

Many thanks
In my mob, they don't get issued unless you have problems with the assault boots.

The new style Pro boot. What are they like for comfort from the offset? can you tab it out from new with no drama's like lowa combat boot's.

Go to the quacks and say your feet are fecked doing phys in assault boots, but proboots were much better, worked for loads of us :wink:

Seen some peoples soles fall of their Pro-boots, so I don't know whats going on there? They were also near enough brand new.

Had original pro boots in Bos, lasted me for a good few years, and i loved them.
Got a pair of the new ones thru flea bay and must say I'm disappointed. Not as comfy, tags at the back stick out horizontal and having used them thru the winter am not 100% sure of the water proofing.

Personally my next pair will be either Lowa or Altberg.

I've got both (me and the store-man go back aways) and of the 2 the new ones are best - my old pair are re-soled (vibram, 30 quid) but the heels are still very hard and hurt to tab in. The new ones were comfy as straight out of the box. nice.

prefer my Scarpas, the new pro is slowly growing on me. In saying that am making the pilgrimage to Altberg factory for a pair of their fine make.

Thanks to all the replies. I will go and see if i can get a pair of the Mk 2 version.

Did not want bother is they are no good as i was the original pro boot served me well.

What would you recomend to put on them? Loads of layers of boot polish or g wax type of stuff.

I only use them only for taking the dog out so they dont have to shine!

Thanks again for your advice.

The original Pro boots was made by UK Safety Ltd which I do not think still trade. The Pro boot name is still made and look the same but they have some differences most notably the Sympertex lining instead of the Gore one.

Iturri, the current CAB makers, also make the Cold Wet Weather boot (CWW) which is same pattern (the MOD has user rights). This is identical in every way to the Pro Boot of old. The material insulation has been replaced by a foam insulation (to improve drying times) and the 'Waterproof' tag replaced by a 'Goretex' label to make the logo watches feel good.

The CWW boot is currently on issue to those that need it including all Phase 1 and 2 trainees at Catterick and all winter HERRICK deployments.

There is a bit of a shortage at the moment due to the last few hectic months of issues. I can speak to Iturri and find out who they use as a reseller and therefore where they can be purchased. That said squeezing the QMs hard is always the cheapest option.

Finally the soles are A1, they absolutely do not disintegrate. This is of course assuming that they are not past their shelf life of 10 years. QMs and more likely Bicester storage sheds, do not rotate stock. Every single case of CABS and CWW boots soles failing have been investigated and traced back to old stock being issued.