Pro Boots

I got issued pro boots when I went to Bosnia a few years back. They are now starting to get a bit worn on the soles. If I was to hand them in to my TA unit, would I get a shiny new pair back? Or would I never see them again and have them replaced with a pair of CABs???

The Pro Boots are an operational upscale, hence they will not appear on your 1157. So sadly the TA will not replace them. best bet is to find a friendly CQMS in a regular unit(try your local RIT) that will change them for you.

I'd imagine that they'd be 'one time issue'. If you wear them out you won't get replacements. You could:

a) butter up the TAC storeman and get him to 'find' you a pair.
b) volunteer to deploy to the Balkans again.
c) buy some, you cheapskate!

I aint bloody buying a pair, and I aint going back to the Balkans either!

I'll try the "buttering up" suggestion. Would be a shame to loose them, been the best pair of boots I've ever had, especially for walking the beat.

Last I heard the 'Pro Boot' is not issued anymore except for old stock, a new cold weather boot made in the Czech Republic and very similar to Altbergs is now being issued.

As some have mentioned, cold weather boots are a one-time issue and their is no scaling for replacement issue. Only by going on a det to somewhere where they are required would you get a replacement issue officially.

What size feet you got - you can have mine, PRO Boots are shi'ite.............

Hang on, walking the beat - dont the plod issue you with boots these days? So my blokes are whineing cos they've got crap boots and you are walking the beat in a pair one of my lads would love to have on his feet and you have the brass ones to want some more, sheeeeesh, folk these days.............

Battsim, if u want rid of yours, i'll take em. don't worry bout size, i have very versatile feet :p

wouldn't want to go givig them to plod now, woul you?

PM for P&P details :p :D

Well sir, you have me at a disadvantage I can only appologise and salute your resourcefuleness, my humblest appologies..........

No allowance?

Surely as your employer they have a duty of care to make sure you get approved footwear?

I think West Yorks Police get a footwear allowance or boots issued as I scrounged some Altbergs from them. So the other way round for me - Military getting boots from the law. :)

When I joined the old bill, not too long ago we got boots issued, they only started doing it so they could cut back on teh £50 yearly allowence!!

Isn't it different from force to force!?

Just a thought...

Well they should have a national standard linked through the federation but it appears that your right and they just do what they want. Federation are a waste of space in my personal opinion anyway.

Just purchased a pair of Pro boots, only they looks slightly different to other ones I have seen. Are they a different issue? Got D-rings all the way down and they have the vibram sole with the yellow badge on.

Box says:

NSN 8430 99 869 2895

Contract DC4bESL/1001

Thanks

TheHelpfulStacker said:
Last I heard the 'Pro Boot' is not issued anymore except for old stock, a new cold weather boot made in the Czech Republic and very similar to Altbergs is now being issued.
Can confirm this. They look quite good too.

rallymad_nad said:
Manage to find a link to a pic, for how long its lasts i dont know.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6607537786&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

Any help aprreciated. Just dont want to wear them until i know what they are,

Thanks

Nad
Yep, they're the new 'Pro Boots' (or Boots, Extreme Cold Weather). They take a little more breaking in than the old Pro Boots did but they are very comfortable.

As I said before, only midget feet and clown shoe wearers are still getting the old type until stocks are exhausted.

Managed to get hold of this information which confirms everything else.

DEFENCE CODIFICATION AGENCY NSN 8430-99-869-2895
ACTY CODE: SUBM NO:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

CONVERSION CONTROL CHARACTER........0
RECORD DATE.........................................13/09/2003
CSC CODIFICATION STATUS CODE............. G
TII TYPE OF ITEM IDENTIFICATION............. 4
HAZ HAZARDOUS STORES INDICATOR......... N
HZZ HAZARD CODE.................................... NONE
DATE NIIN ALLOCATED........................ 11/04/1995
SMD SMD INDICATOR.................................. A
FNU FOREIGN NATION USERS....................... NONE