PRMAS course

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Nocens_Canis, Jul 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been told that to get through the gates at Sandhurst I'll have to complete this course. I heard a bit about it at the AOSB main board from a serving soldier on the PODS course, but apart from that I have absolutely no idea what the course involves! Is there anyone around here who can shine some light on the topic?

2. Not heard of it either. It depends who told you. If it was the Uni Liaison Officer then there might be something in it - although I would be very surprised if a new course has been created. If it was some friend of a friend then probably no truth in it.

3. It was the letter from Westbury:
    "I am pleased to inform you that you have passed the AOSB and have been recommended......A further proviso is that you satisfactorily [is that even a real word?] complete a special 11 week course at the Army School of Education (ASE) at Worthy Down, Winchester."

I think thats the PRMAS course, or it may be something different. I haven't rung anyone to ask yet, because its a Sunday, and everyone is at home.

4. Yes, it is.

Bring a dictionary when you go on the course, eh?

5. Its all about bringing your educational standards up to scratch. It's a good course that will make you think as well as teach you how to use numbers and words etc. It's all about essays, culture and all those wonderful offiicer type things. However, it's not a push over so don't get cocky. You'll also get your arrse beasted by the local PTIs but it'll help get you in to shape prior to RMAS.

Good luck

6. I have lost count of how many POD/PRMAS threads I have contributed to, and I refuse to do it again.

There is a 'Search' function...

7. Suitably brought back down to earth, thanks for the advice.

8. I thought it was PRAMS? Isn't it an education top up course?

9. its the best fekking course in the army mate! 6 months of going on the piss and watching 'theataaah'....... I was one of the trouble kids. PRAMS and then ROWALLAN.... there were some who did PODS, PRAMS and ROWALLAN......

Go for it!

10. What is the likely hood of being able to attend any Regiment / Corps Fam Visits / POCs during this course?

Cheers

11. I heard the course for reg soldiers who get a cat 2 in briefing is the best course around and from what I heard (not serving so take it with a pinch of salt) it was pretty much what you described for 3 months.