Prize at mess do

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by bobos, Jul 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I won a prize at a mess functon, a hand-held PC-thing. When it was sent to my unit, it arrived damaged, obviously opened and bits missing. Some theiving git had their fingers in the package. I wrote a nice letter to the badge, no reply. Badge left, new badge, no reply. Left unit now. What should I do. Why should I pay my outstanding mess bill when they have not replaced the prize. Appreciate not paying a mess bill is not the done thing but a tad fed up with the units attitude

2. Badge may not have been involved, but the PEC/Ball committee guru should have receipts and stuff (unless he's Bob Useless)

There will have been a whole finacial thing going on with treasurer and other bean counters wanting to known where the allocated prize fund was spent.

(too many times as PEC :cry: )

3. ?? treasurer got receipt for buying the sodding thing but I never signed anything at all. I returned it and never got any notification of action. Big bean counter wants to take £10 off mess bill to cover cost of tickets and I forget the whole thing ??? No way Hose ay !

4. Sounds like they just can't be arrsed :evil:

As an Engineer I recommend strongly reinforcing your position with the aid of a short length of 4" x 2" :twisted:

5. Yes, you can't beat a bit of whipping with a length of flannelette. :roll: