Priviledges for uploading pictures from android app?

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
On a journey into town t'other day I tried to capture an image on my android (successful) then tried to post the image as part of a thread reply using the android app (failure)...at first I didn't realise it hadn't worked even tho' it didn't show the image. Then on retrying to attach it said I didn't have the correct priviledges to post? Is this a fault with the app or do others manage it easily?

I think Jarrod may mean this thread about problems with the iPhone app, where people were having problems uploading pics. I don't see one about the android app.

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
Well when I try to attach an image it doesn't on my galaxy 3...most annoying....just tried on my Nexus as well...no joy.... :confused:

Sent from my Nexus 7

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
I have had the same problem too with my samsung gt1550.
It either says responding or failed to connect with forum contact administrator.
Cant change profile pics either

Actually I've just had an problem uploading a pic from my Kindler fire. Had to go and edit my post on the pc. As described pick a jpg get a little box saying this forum, hit that and then no image uploads.

On a journey into town t'other day I tried to capture an image on my android (successful) then tried to post the image as part of a thread reply using the android app (failure)...at first I didn't realise it hadn't worked even tho' it didn't show the image. Then on retrying to attach it said I didn't have the correct priviledges to post? Is this a fault with the app or do others manage it easily?
I can't find anything odd about your account that would prevent you from posting, and since you've had the problem on two devices (one of which I have and it works fine) I'm stumped. Just to check through the basics though:

Are you using the latest version of this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapatalk.arrsecouk&hl=en (colours are different and more ARRSE-like than shown in the screenshots, but it should look like that). I just want to make sure you're not on the old obsolete app, or an old version.

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled?

Have you tried it in many different forums (on ARRSE)? If only one or two can you tell me which threads and/or forums caused it to happen?

Have you tried it when you know you have a good connection?

Can you post the problem image from a normal web browser or email it to me (admin@arrse.co.uk)

Maybe all that will shed some light on the problem.