Private tenancy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, when in
Catterick I know you cannot live off camp.

But if all goes well, such as passing out and being placed in battalion. Is it possible to live off camp. Within a certain radius, or do privates, need to live on camp or can they live in private, council or there own accommodation?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just curious, when in
Catterick I know you cannot live off camp.

But if all goes well, such as passing out and being placed in battalion. Is it possible to live off camp. Within a certain radius, or do privates, need to live on camp or can they live in private, council or there own accommodation?

You can live off camp, you are supposed to ask permission (because a trained soldier cant be trusted to sort out his own housing) however some units dont enforce it.
You wont get council housing.
You'll be lucky to afford the rent even for a a one bed flat as a tom though, Its not impossible, but you will be liable for council tax as well as gas, electricity and water. In the singlies block you pay next to **** all for your council tax and all utilities are included in your accommodation charge.
I moved in military housing as a singlie Sgt, if I hadnt got married, I would have rented my own place as the standard of living is much higher, however I would be on seniors wages not a toms.

Also, sign up for the extra circular Ingreesh classes they run up there :)
Doing them now actually before I head off. as it's important to get commas in the correct place to pass phase 1.

Thanks guys it was just a curiousity of mine.

Your grammar hurts my eyes.
Assuming you are going to phase 1 training, as your post is as vague as a politician giving a speech. No. If you are joining a unit as a trained soldier, your RSM will inform you what you are allowed to do/not do etc.
Also, sign up for the extra circular Ingreesh classes they run up there :)
P.S. Check the thread you posted this in.
So you don't know the answer to the perfectly reasonable question asked by somebody due to start Phase 1 at Catterick. Why not simply leave it for somebody who does know to answer and/or advise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads