Private selling

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by LoneTree, May 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys , I,m relocating to the States & was gonna rent my flat out as an investment , but I recently have been given a very good offer from a work colleuge for it , so i think i will now sell.

Since i have a buyer I,m gonna sell it myself without an Estate agent , I got a top drawer solicitor to handle the conveancing. This is the first time I have done this & was just wondering if anyone on here has done this & if there are any pointers or things to watch out for.

Regards LT.

2. A top drawer solicitor will charge top drawer prices. Why not get a conveyancing company to do it or get a fixed price deal from a solicitor

3. I sold my old house through a private sale. Both parties informed solicitors and away we went. EA are a waste of space.

4. Have to agree.

What does an EA do that you have not?

Perform an evaluation. Not required.

Measures property and takes photographs. Not required.

Advertises and markets your property. Not required.

Takes prosective buyers on a viewing. Not required.

Negotiates the selling price. Not required.

Estate Agents take the largest single money component of your sale, you do not need them.

What are you waiting for?

5. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Sold my last flat to the neighbours father....no EA involved, we agreed a price, told solicitors let them deal with it. Quickest easiest sale I ever had.

S_R

6. davidflies

davidflies War Hero Book Reviewer

I wish we could sell the property in Norfolk owned by my late parents in law- two years on the market and no real interest. Trouble is it's a little odd in that the lounge is 18 feet high to the ceiling and is big as well - a bugger to heat in the winter. Still we can just go on hoping that the EA gets off his arrse sooner or later...

7. I bought my flat from a couple I knew - very easy, no need for an estate agent at all :)

8. Thanks for all your replys , so the job looks a good,un then. Darkninja what I ment by a top drawer solicitor is I,ve used him several times before (divorce etc) & trust him , hes quite cheap & good at what he does... lmao,, find a solicitor like that amoungst the sharks & hes top drawer in my books :D Thanks once again guys,

LT.

9. I think that you should have kept that house as a investment and should have rented it to others and you would be able to get a steady income for years from that house and even the price of this house would also have raised so you would have got the double profit.

10. Ever heard of CGT?(excluding all the allowances) Not to mention the trouble of tenants and all the red tape now associated with it? Oh and mortgage companies are getting quite tight on agreeing to let. Renting a property out is not good for everyone.

11. Ever heard of CGT?(excluding all the allowances) Not to mention the trouble of tenants and all the red tape now associated with it? Oh and mortgage companies are getting quite tight on agreeing to let. Renting a property out is not good for everyone.

13. My Mum is going to be selling her house this year and has done a fair bit of research on EA. you will be paying 2%-4% for **** all. Photo, showings and uploading onto a web site. Not really worth £4K is it?

There are a few web sites dedicated to private sales. I'll dig them out for you.