• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Not sure if it's been done before, but here is the facebook link:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=181533407819&ref=nf

Which says:

Whilst attending the Rememberance Parade at the National Memorial Arboretum I noticed that the memorials are not all for military related groups.
This set me thinking, could we have a memorial erected for the members of PSCs who have lost their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan (mostly) in support of Coalition Forces and the reconstruction of those countries?
This is just a thought at the moment, but I see no reason why we shouldn't be allowed to.
So, I invite you all to join me and see if we can make this a possibility. I imagine that people who join this group will have had friends killed in these theatres.
My initial idea is, if everyone is in agreement to erect a memorial at the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire. I know that many nationalities other than British have served in our ranks, but as I suspect that most of us are/have worked with British owned PSCs this seemed the logical choice of location.
I want anyone to feel able to contribute ideas towards this project, and let's see if we can get it off the ground. So, any thoughts, ideas, offers of help etc will be more than welcome.
I may keep throwing ideas at everyone, see what the response is, and take things from there. If this does go anywhere I want everyone to be pleased with the outcome.
Just one thing guys. At this stage, please don't make mention of companies by name. There is some work afoot to try and get the backing of companies at corporate level. How successful this will be, and how long it may take I don't know.
If you join, then please feel free to get your families and friends to join.
If something like this doesn't happen, people will soon forget of our sacrifices over the last few years. The general public are barely aware that we exist. Not that I'm trying to promote the casualties that we've suffered, but to give us all somewhere to remember our fallen, where we can gather together and remember.
Having participated in "interesting work abroad" all I will say is that you do it for yourself for your own reasons. Partly the money, partly other reasons - depending on who you are. Either way, it's not ideals, it's not for your country, it's not for your unit, blah blah blah. Self.

Having difficulty reconciling this tbh.

Are you still fucking here? Go away!

They can afford to pay big bucks for people to be there, the companies can afford to build a memorial IMO.

PinkBayonetPolisher said:
Fat_Cav said:
Are you still fucking here? Go away!
Been drilling chickens *********** without lubrication again?
Have you got that film too?

Have you not clicked on that the lack of coherent replies and/or interest in this thread is a litmus test to your input on this website?

Seriously,

Is this site not moderated at all - except when someone takes the piss out of paras and they whine and get posts removed?

What happened to the British army since I left? It seems to be manned by whining ****ing children these days.

PinkBayonetPolisher said:
Is this site not moderated at all
Because you are a c0ck and are generally ignored, as per your other IDs.

This one, like the others will be binned when the COs log in.

Army you left? I'd imagine you were the sort of scrote your mates left a pub behind, slated you behind your back and always assumed you were the sort of slimey turd that robbed from the drying room.

PBP, I've yet to see a thread of yours where you don't slate paras or bring paras into it. My excuse for being a dullard ccok is I'm a civvy, what's yours?

Because the thread was started by a c0ck who no one wants here, besides it will be in the ******** soon, along with most of your other crap.

I was right though wasn't I? you were a drying room theif and hated by those forced to serve alongside you

P_G

I don't know who you are (thats the beauty of the interweb), I dont' know what you are and I don't know where you are however if your paranoia makes you think that I'm someone you know then I'd really tell the voices in your head to get a grip. I belive your background is forces, mine isn't so unless we went to uni together, or work together, I doubt you know me, it really is that simple.

I'm sorry you had your socks stolen and I really do feel your pain however I have enough and it wasn't me.

S_F

I read it that P_G's post is aimed at PBP not you.

Calm down dear!

Sorry then!!