Private Messaging Issues ( Database Error )

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Jammin B, Sep 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Admin,

I have been trying to send a private message to no avail, It seems once I hit the send button my browser returns with a " Database Error "

I will try to replicate the error and repost my findings.
  2. Error Recieved:

[TD="width: 100%"]Database error[/TD]
    [TD="class: bodytext, colspan: 2"]The The Army Rumour Service database has encountered a problem.[/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 2"][HR][/HR][/TD]
    [TD="class: bodytext, colspan: 2"] Please try the following:
    • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    • Open the home page, then try to open another page.
    • Click the Back button to try another link.
    [TD="class: bodytext, colspan: 2"]The ARmy RSE - Army Rumour Service (ARRSE) forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.[/TD]
    [TD="class: bodytext, colspan: 2"]
    We apologise for any inconvenience.[/TD]
  3. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Is your outbox full?

Is the recipient's inbox full?
  4. Cheers for the reply AlienFTM; I dont believe my outbox is full, I have only been a member for a few days, As for the other user, I cannot answer, I wouldnt have a clue if his/her inbox is full.

The site recognises that I am trying to send a message as when I navigate back and re-try to send the message it asks me to timeout for 60 secs before I re-send. Yet I get the same " database error ".

As you said it could well be that the recipients inbox is full and not allowing me to go further. Just thought I would raise this issue with yourselves as other users maybe experiencing the same problems.

All the best.
  5. Has the user been placed on ROPs?
  6. AlienFTM

I have to confess, mate, I haven't got a scooby, for I am Mainframe Man. I listen to what the whippersnappers chunter on about regarding poky little desktop things that act like computers but don't compare in the least with the beasts I have a couple of rooms down.

I was throwing buzzwords at you pretending to talk like I know what I am talking about.

A grown-up will be along shortly with a more plausible answer.
  7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thanks for the report. Who are you trying to send to please? (I'll try and get the same error).
  8. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Just noticed the apostrophe in your username Jammin B - I removed it. Can you try again now please?

You'll need to use the name without the apostrophe to login too.
  9. AlienFTM

Good CO.

I just took the trouble to read your signature block. I think you ought to make more of the fact that passing through Arrse to get to Amazon etc generates pennies for you.

I'll remember this in future.

10. Good CO,

Cheers for sorting that problem it is much appreciated, I wondered why I had problems logging in, but now all is clear and well.

Thanks for the help and support everyone.

All the best,
    Jammin B

Sent from my Lumia 610 using Tapatalk
  11. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thankee kindly. The support-ARRSE side of things is in need of an overhaul altogether (donations / ad-free / amazon / ebay), and I note the recommendation and will take it as a nudge to improve things.