Private car MMA Claims - Business insurance

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Pocoyo, Jul 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This has probably been done before but just a bit of info.

Some people aren't aware that in order to legally claim MMA for duty travel in your own car you are required to have "business use" cover on your insurance.

Some people won't have done this as they might think it's expensive. I just called my insurance company to enquire about it and my fully comp premium went up a grand total of £0.92p and that was for year round business cover.

Worth looking into if you haven't bothered so far (like I hadn't )

PS. That was with More Than insurance but the AA said roughly the same.

2. What was the required ammount, I heard it was £20 Million cover by one clerk and £10 million cover by another :?

Still cant understand these figures and why we would realistically need this cover for MMA claims but better do as were told by the powers above.

Direct line said it was no additional charge

3. Iron, Ive no idea what the level was I just wanted to make sure that my policy had it on. I'll check though.

4. It used to be 10 mil, but the amount was did away with on the last re-write of JSP 752. All you need is to be covered for business travel.

5. Cheers for that info, I did think it was a bit over the top unless I had sneaked a Chally 2 in my suitcase. :wink:

6. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

From JSP752

No mention of amount.