Private Army

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by 1stgulfmac, Jan 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok so:
    Catering, transport, vehicle maintenance, recruiting, GP's for medical, guard forces, air transport contracts, non UK procurement.
    What's left that can be privatised?
    A fighting force of a bought in legion?

Are we going to have an Army that can function?
  2. Do we have one now ?
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Sort of, but what else could be privatised?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Polish division anyone?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Yay, vodka for breakfast.
  6. A Kiwi one ?

That'll bring a gloss to the parade
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Mmmmm, shiny.
  8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

We're working on it. Relax and wait out. We'll be in touch.
  9. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

If the Brigade of Ghurkas hadn't priced themsleves out of the market we could have raised it to a Ghurka Division.
  10. We could but first we need a revolution, hear me out, after said revolution maintain the military at circa 250 k, 150 army, and the others 50 k a piece.

Within the army general service battalions returned to the lists which can be manned by career dolees etc and these can be responsible for the feeding and watering of the others. It can be recruited on a basis of unwilling to work congratulations welcome to conscription and you can give the council house back, have a lovely 12x12 for you and 24 others etc . There by reducing the benefits bill.

AS for planes tanks ships etc these would be built inhouse so to speak under nationalized companies, trade courses run by qualified people to begin with on a consultancy basis until its able to run under its own steam etc thus kick starting the economy, apprenticeships and a manufacturing base.

I know the above is very far from water tight but It's a start and this vino is doing its purpose.

PLEase feel free to expand/ fine tune the above or tell me to far cough

Puts on tinfoil hat and prepares for death beans from the lizard people.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

We could outsource expeditionary warfare? Pick where we want to get involved then pay the Chinese or the Indians to send troops instead. Our command structure, their boots. Cheap as chips
  12. It improved the RAF.

AGC pay & admin could be privatised.

Get Stobarts in to replace RLC and see fitness levels improve
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Perhaps we should aim at a 'final curtain' force designed to enter people's houses and remove anything of value, and send to all to a big international jumble sale at Heathrow Airport. That way the government could raise the necessary funds to escape the financial crisis. I'll re-phrase that. That way the government could raise the necessary funds to escape.
  14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Nov 1914. Shortly before the battle of the Dardanelles.
  15. Virgin active for the fizz.