Privacy of living in

I'm looking for a bit of advice really. . . . . . .

Having been out in the feild basha'ing up for the past week, doing all that wary, cam cream stuff. We return to barracks, looking foreward to a hot bath and a night in our own beds (with a vodka or two thrown in). Only to find that since we had been away, one of the RQMS'/RSM'S had aquired a master key for our rooms & had had a really good rumage through all our stuff! Not only the military stuff, but my underware draw had been gone through along with my jewlery box.

Is this allowed?

I think if the unit have concerns that drugs are floating around they can ask The RMP's to search rooms, but im sure its only the RMP's who can go through
Blokes lockers not the RSM ect.

I'm sure it's not allowed unless you are there (or it's a properly authorised police search) and there has to be a legitimate reason for any search. Presumably this was done on some sort of official basis so you can find out what it was all about and complain if it was not done iaw the rules; if not, I suspect the RMP would love to have a chat with a RQMS or SSM about rummaging in female soldier's knicker drawers!

There could be a serious implication where an individual is carrying out unofficial searches - supposing you dscovered something missing or damaged - unless this was all above board your insurance may not pay out. If you suddenly found yourself the victim of identity theft, where will the suspicion land?

Incidentally, I looked for you in the sandpit recently.....

gado said:
my underware draw had been gone through along with my jewlery box.

Is this allowed?
Is your (priceless) antique gold ring still there? what about the £500 in cash you had in you drawer?

TTFN

BFG

We put too much Sh*t down to we signed up for this. We are human beings and have the same right to privacy as everyone else, its totally wrong for others to go through your stuff no matter what rank and the older i get and the more rank i acheive i like it or tolerate the boll**s even less.............. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Absolutely not!

{From discussion with my friendly neighbourhood RMP}

To search a soldiers accommodation, it must be done by the RMP/SIB, who must have a search warrant.

To get a search warrant, they have to convince their boss of the validity of the request. After that, they have to go to YOUR CO and ask his permission before the search can be carried out

Sounds like you have a case to me!

Ghost.

Look like yet another example of bored RSMs/CSMs.

Go all the way with this one and show the cnut that they can't always get away with doing whatever the hell they want 8)

Ady

B

Biscuits_AB

gado said:
I'm looking for a bit of advice really. . . . . . .

Having been out in the feild basha'ing up for the past week, doing all that wary, cam cream stuff. We return to barracks, looking foreward to a hot bath and a night in our own beds (with a vodka or two thrown in). Only to find that since we had been away, one of the RQMS'/RSM'S had aquired a master key for our rooms & had had a really good rumage through all our stuff! Not only the military stuff, but my underware draw had been gone through along with my jewlery box.

Is this allowed?
Yes. but only if your room is searched by men.

The main problem i have is there is no proof. I know stuff has been moved about and rumaged through, but I have already spoken with the Adj and I can't prove anything!

That means that nothing happened & it's all in my mind! I can't make an official complaint to the RMP's so I don't have a leg to stand on!

There is no drugs issue. That wasn't what they were looking for. Maybe I could understand it if it was.

I am sliighlty confused. You said that

one of the RQMS'/RSM'S had aquired a master key for our rooms & had had a really good rumage through all our stuff!
Sp presumably you know that to be so? If you know that to be so you must have some evidence?

Take it to the RMP, you don't need anyones permission to do that.

Or, you just suspect it to be so and have no evidence?

Your adjutant cannot tell you what you can or cannot report to the Military Police. However, it is difficult to see what the RMP can do if you have no evidence that anything happened. They aren't going to shake down everyone on camp on the notion that some person or persons may or may not have rummaged through your smalls.

You say that it was not just you this was done to, so your Adjutant can hardly argue you are all imagining it.

I'd say go to talk to the Adjutant again, tell him you are not happy and that if he won't do anything you intend to report it to the RMP. You can always point out that if he knows nothing about someone having access to your room you have fears for your safety. And do report it to RMP if he won't or can't help. Just don't expect much from them if you can't give them much.

B

Biscuits_AB

Walk over to the monkeys and tell them that 100 quid has been stolen from your locker. Bet your bottom dollar that no f*cker will go into your room after that little baby.

Latest Threads