Privacy notice problem

Pop up privacy notice making site unusable, Is it just me?
Just happened today, I can accept all, save, and next time I move to another page/thread it pops up again. It leaves a "privacy settings' button permanently in the bottom corner of the screen. I know privacy notices are a GDPR requirement but this is being a real pain because it doesn't seem to be setting cookies or whatever. Using Firefox on Android.

Update: This seems to be fixed if I'm on WiFi, but come back if I go back to 3G or 4G.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
I have it on the bottom right corner of my phone.
It's fecking annoying TBH.
I've got that too. I've been too scared to click on it in case everything goes to shite and I can't reverse it.

MsG

NSP

LE
Buggers blew out all my add-ons and so without NoScript, Ghostery, etc. I had the blue button of death on ArRSe. There's a fix for the desktop version (yay! Add-ons are working again) but Android and ESR may take longer.

More, including how to get the desktop fix:-

Update Regarding Add-ons in Firefox

Edit: still fornicated on my Android phone.

NSP

LE
I've got that too. I've been too scared to click on it in case everything goes to shite and I can't reverse it.

MsG
Go on, big boy. You know you want to really.

Button on screen still visible full time on Chrome.

OK, so looks like there are 2 issues, change to site privacy setting feature that puts button up, coinciding with a Firefox problem that stopped new privacy feature being handled properly.

NSP

LE
OK, so looks like there are 2 issues, change to site privacy setting feature that puts button up, coinciding with a Firefox problem that stopped new privacy feature being handled properly.
More to do with having Ghostery stop working in FF than a change to the site code, I think.

Ghostery and NoScript now back up and blue button gone in desktop FF.

Didn't stop me adding to the stream of rude feedback messages, though.

Don't know about pop-ups but I frequently encounter blacked-out areas of the screen. Sometimes they can be corrected by scrolling up and down, sometimes I have to go back a page and re-click the link.

I put it down to rejecting permission to collect data (as I do with all such requests and also because it looked like the request was fishy having just come out of the blue) but if others are experiencing problems, maybe it's something else.

Yep - it was the certificate issue with Firefox, but on Linux for me. The good news is that it finally overcame my inertia, and I installed Opera to give it a go. I'm happy so far, and the VPN seems to work transparently, so I'm good to go cum come the middle of June...

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
Any fixes yet. I have it on Android. Very annoying.

Bad CO

Admin
Apologies that this has taken a while but I think it is now sorted?

The one I mentioned in post 13 has been recurring as recently as during this reply. Perversely, it seemed to clear quite a bit during the "deceptive site ahead" issue.

Bad CO

Admin
The one I mentioned in post 13 has been recurring as recently as during this reply. Perversely, it seemed to clear quite a bit during the "deceptive site ahead" issue.
Can you post a screenshot pse?

Latest Threads