Privacy in new slam accommadation

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Treefrog, May 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell me the rights of a soldier in Slam accommadation. When a soldier is not presant the master key holder has been entering the rooms without that soldier being there. What are the privacy laws to put a stop to this.

2. Boy oh boy...hands up those who remember four man rooms?!

edited to add: oh, and the rest!
  3. Oh my dear God. I'm pleased I am leaving it all behind later this year.

4 man rooms? I'll trump that with a 48 man room in an attic in Germany for the first 6 months of my life in BAOR! :)
  4. not this crap again, try the search function mate, this topic comes up at least once a month.
  5. I've just noticed it is tree frogs 1st post after 6 years as an ARRSER - have we been Wah'd?
  6. No mate you have not been Wah'd. LOL

Some of the lads are pissed off that the key holder can just enter a room that a Private soldier pays ciloct and rent for and they do not have privacy and I beleave that the best place to get an answer is from this sight.

7. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

The QM / Guard Commander / Designated Personnnel can enter rooms without occupiers presence / permission for a variety of reasons:

1 - Water flushing (Only when that occupier is on leave / course / otherwise away for a set length of time)
    2 - Fire alarm response
    3 - Maintenance / Repairs

That's it. However, Sqn QM's will often go into every room of every man in their Squadron to check on living / hygiene standards. However, these are people in positions of responsibility / trust. So it shouldn't be a big thing, and should be accepted as part and parcel of life. It's primarily to prevent vermin infestations with people going on away leaving half eaten food in the room.

The biggest problem we've found, is Guard Commanders not doing their job properly, and delegating the water flushing to a scroat who's not trustworthy. That's when things start walking from rooms. Best lesson is to keep disciplined, keep your room tidy, and your valuables locked away.
  8. Your in the army. Get over it. Part and parcel of being a singley.
  9. Brilliant response, in your own private room, get over it and lock your stuff away. It is locked away strangely enough, behind a locked door. Quite glad I'm getting out, well I would be if people were not constantly losing my discharge information. :)
  10. Remember them?! My lot have just been spread out, some in 4-man rooms in a training establishment, some having to double up in what should be SLAM, this on return from an ops deployment!
  11. One easy answer is to sign off and rent your own pad. Youre trained to kill people and bayonet babies ffs.
  12. And drown kittens, don't forget that bit.