privacy and the bbc

it's perfectly legal to not pay. I haven't paid since 2005. My tv is hooked up to youtube, Netflix, amazon. Itv and ch4 on occasion. I used to watch iplayer but since the change in rules that's been deleted. Basically as long as you don't watch anything live and nothing from the BBC you don't have to pay.

sun and mirror today reckon that the ruling will prevent journalists combat crime... It's quite scary that people don't seem to see anything wrong with broadcasting the initial investigation into an innocent (until proven guilty) person. Could a defendant use such coverage to claim an unfair trial?

it's perfectly legal to not pay. I haven't paid since 2005. My tv is hooked up to youtube, Netflix, amazon. Itv and ch4 on occasion. I used to watch iplayer but since the change in rules that's been deleted. Basically as long as you don't watch anything live and nothing from the BBC you don't have to pay.
I know. But that bloody mad frog that I live with, insists that she'll go to prison, if she doesn't pay it!
I know... I know... Mag to Grid her right? Unfortunately, I'm rather fond of her now.

sun and mirror today reckon that the ruling will prevent journalists combat crime... It's quite scary that people don't seem to see anything wrong with broadcasting the initial investigation into an innocent (until proven guilty) person. Could a defendant use such coverage to claim an unfair trial?
There’s a world of difference between highlighting genuine public interest stories such as the parliamentary expenses scandal, and promoting trial by media or defamation of character on hearsay.

Sir Cliff has won significant damages from the BBC, so expect your licence fees to go up
Given the income from Licence Fees (alone) is £3.83 bn, I suggest not.

Total revenue in 2016 a shade under £5 bn.

Given the income from Licence Fees (alone) is £3.83 bn, I suggest not.

Total revenue in 2016 a shade under £5 bn.
So the b'stards won't exactly be missing my beer tokens then.
Do you know whether the beeb - like Channel Four does, gets any HMG assistance besides the licence fee?
Money for it's international broadcasting arm for example?

the fact that the bbc goes on and on about it's unique funding stream allows it to make programs that don't rely on 'shock' to draw folk in is quite amusing. There was no monetary value to the BBC for the cliff footage.

the fact that the bbc goes on and on about it's unique funding stream allows it to make programs that don't rely on 'shock' to draw folk in is quite amusing. There was no monetary value to the BBC for the cliff footage.
So why the need for a helicopter when plod turned up at CR's home, and the 'breaking news?'