privacy and the bbc

It's not like it was a shocking revelation that he may have been a bit camp.

In the same manner as Fred What was a bit sexual violent.
Oi!! Don’t be dissing my old mate Frederick 270. He was just misunderstood.

As others have commented, the beeb's surly and ill-favoured reaction to being told that it can't trample on people's right to privacy is symptomatic of its decline.

As others have commented, the beeb's surly and ill-favoured reaction to being told that it can't trample on people's right to privacy is symptomatic of its decline.
As Auld Yin wrote:
"The real shame is that it took a millionaire to take on the media."

Now the license payer/taxpayer foots the bill, not the muppets who had the arrogance to rip up the rulebook by
a) telling the BBC that an investigation was happening (though SYP and BBC are into a whole 'he said/she said' about this)
b) flighting the film

The irony is that it was the BBC - who had been exposed by then of being the biggest nonce-protectors going!

The comments on Twitter say it all. By the way, Is it me or does Fran Unsworth, the BBC official defending their behaviour look exactly how I imagined she would?

It would appear to me, from reading the judgement the BBC were obsessed in the quest for the all-important exclusive scoop. It also exposes the BBC's trait for twisting the evidence to suit their own ends.

How many times has some BBC "talking head" appeared on the likes of 'Newswatch' or 'Points of View' and used mealy-mouthed language to "justify" the BBC's 'can do no wrong' attitude whilst arrogantly dismissing viewers complaints? That's the culture within the BBC that needs to change: perhaps what happened today will see the start of that change.

If the BBC get a few more kickings over this, then they deserve it.

The comments on Twitter say it all. By the way, Is it me or does Fran Unsworth, the BBC official defending their behaviour look exactly how I imagined she would?
She has the look of Rosa Klebb who was played by Lotte Lenya in From Russia With Love

MV5BMjIzNTQwMzg2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDM4MDgzNA@@__V1_UY317_CR16,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Last edited:
She’s also got previous for being complicit in poor reporting according to wiki:

In December 2005, Unsworth appeared on the BBC's Newswatch programme, facing accusations of double standards in BBC News reporting of racial crimes when white people were the victims. Complainants suggested the BBC buried stories such as the racist murder of Kriss Donald, with comparable murders involving black victims given twelve times more coverage and the opening of an arts centre in Gateshead reported in preference to Donald's murder. Unsworh admitted the case had not been covered sufficiently and that there had been space to do so.[7] Her department again failed to cover the case adequately the following year.[8][9] In 2011 BBC News was criticised for referring to looters in the 2011 London riots as "protesters", even two days into the violence.[10] In response to 62 complaints about the matter, Unsworth conceded that the BBC had been wrong to do so.

Last edited:

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
It would appear to me, from reading the judgement the BBC were obsessed in the quest for the all-important exclusive scoop. It also exposes the BBC's trait for twisting the evidence to suit their own ends.

How many times has some BBC "talking head" appeared on the likes of 'Newswatch' or 'Points of View' and used mealy-mouthed language to "justify" the BBC's 'can do no wrong' attitude whilst arrogantly dismissing viewers complaints? That's the culture within the BBC that needs to change: perhaps what happened today will see the start of that change.

If the BBC get a few more kickings over this, then they deserve it.
From the public reaction they will not change. They have apologised whilst claiming they did nothing wrong.

From the public reaction they will not change. They have apologised whilst claiming they did nothing wrong.
I fear you may be correct - leopards, spots and all that. The 'apology' offered by Unsworth was for the distress caused to Sir Cliff, not for the BBC's appalling behaviour. How long will it be before the BBC are claiming to be 'the victim' in this case?

This double standard of privacy reminds me of the recent case of the Nurse suspected in the deaths of several children. Her name and a photograph of her was plastered all over the news and she, at that point, hadn't been arrested, because of this, if she is found not guilty she'll never be able to work in Healthcare again; meanwhile, members of the RoP who had been arrested and charged with child abuse had their names withheld.
Whatever happened to equality and "innocent until proven guilty"

Why does she make me want to put her burning face out with a baseball bat.

D

Deleted 155579

To whom is Fran accountable to ?? its certainly NOT the people, who are compelled to pay a licence fee for this appalling entity.

The pressure is growing on the BBC to accept the judgment and put up and shut up, even Lord Patten weighing in;
“And I think it would be crazy for the BBC arguing that there is some principle of freedom of speech involved and to appeal this decision.”
The Tory grandee was head of the BBC Trust between May 2011 and May 2014, stepping down four months before the incident took place.
He added: “I think they should swallow hard, say they made a mistake, apologise as they have to Cliff Richard, move on and not to do it again.”
http://www.itv.com/news/2018-07-19/...l-sir-cliff-richard-ruling-lord-patten-warns/

The pressure is growing on the BBC to accept the judgment and put up and shut up, even Lord Patten weighing in;
“And I think it would be crazy for the BBC arguing that there is some principle of freedom of speech involved and to appeal this decision.”
The Tory grandee was head of the BBC Trust between May 2011 and May 2014, stepping down four months before the incident took place.
He added: “I think they should swallow hard, say they made a mistake, apologise as they have to Cliff Richard, move on and not to do it again.”
http://www.itv.com/news/2018-07-19/...l-sir-cliff-richard-ruling-lord-patten-warns/
You have no idea how much it hurts me to find myself in agreement with Fat Pang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk