Priti Vacant?

So she went and offered British foreign aid money to the Isrealis SPECIFICALLY to treat injured Palestinians and NOT Isrealis and you give me a disagree when I say it wasnt for the jews..............which it wasnt, and not everyone in Isreal is a jew. When done, top marks. ;)

Israel.png

Slime

LE
I think it's more becoming "how many times is she going to try and lie to PMTM and the Govt. in an attempt to cover her our back before she gets sacked?" rather than "she lied to the country... OUTRAGE" now.
I found her statement that the cabinet/PM knew of all the meetings which was then followed by a 'clarification' statement was quite funny :)

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
No, it was an attempt by a UK Minister to help the Israel government avoid awkward questions from their electorate by providing funds from the UK Aid budget to help Palestinians injured by the Israeli Armed Forces.
Then there was nothing to stop her doing it formally and on the record in accordance with the ministerial code.

She's in the smelly brown stuff because she didn't conform to the accepted procedures, and not because she offered money to help injured Palestinians.

She deserves to be fired and I have zero sympathy for someone who committed a major breach of ministerial rules on the grounds they didn't apply to her.

Wordsmith

This all sounds very, very odd.
Even by Boris Johnson standards of impulsiveness, which means, I suspect that it wasn't impulsive at all.
Instead, this looks like the culmination of a long running programme by Ms Patel to leverage her Department into alliance with the Israeli government.
Her constituency (Witham) is rock solid Conservative, so she can't be chasing Jewish marginal voters.
She has a reputation within the Conservatives for being pro Israel, but this degree of cooperation with Israel is really strange.
The only thing I can think of is that she wanted to get the Jewish vote on side for a later run at Party leader, and from that to No 10.

Last edited:
So she went and offered British foreign aid money to the Isrealis SPECIFICALLY to treat injured Palestinians and NOT Isrealis and you give me a disagree when I say it wasnt for the jews..............which it wasnt, and not everyone in Isreal is a jew. When done, top marks. ;)
Paid to the Israeli military to treat Syrians -

That would be spun within seconds by Labour and conspiraloons alike and disseminated as Tories Give Muslim bashing Jewish army money ( carefully neglecting the whys and wherefores).

The truth would be drowned out by the propaganda

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
The only thing I can think of is that she wanted to get the Jewish vote on side for a later run at Party leader, and from that to No 10.
Obviously after advice from EM.

This was spectacularly stupid. And spectacularly stupid people should not have delusions they have have the qualities required to be PM.

Another instance of the 'Peter Principle' at work.

Wordsmith

Obviously after advice from EM.

This was spectacularly stupid. And spectacularly stupid people should not have delusions they have have the qualities required to be PM.

Another instance of the 'Peter Principle' at work.

Wordsmith
Alas, it appears that Sir Humphrey was not around to tell Ms Patel: "That's a very brave decision, Minister."

Then there was nothing to stop her doing it formally and on the record in accordance with the ministerial code.

She's in the smelly brown stuff because she didn't conform to the accepted procedures, and not because she offered money to help injured Palestinians.

She deserves to be fired and I have zero sympathy for someone who committed a major breach of ministerial rules on the grounds they didn't apply to her.

Wordsmith
No argument from me there, I'm just surprised she thought for one minute she would get away with it, beginning to believe in her own self importance maybe?

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
No argument from me there, I'm just surprised she thought for one minute she would get away with it, beginning to believe in her own self importance maybe?
It just need one formal letter from the Israeli government referring to the meetings to get the CS on her case. They'd soon identify that they had no record of any such meeting.

What she did was really dumb.

Wordsmith

Slime

LE
Paid to the Israeli military to treat Syrians -

That would be spun within seconds by Labour and conspiraloons alike and disseminated as Tories Give Muslim bashing Jewish army money ( carefully neglecting the whys and wherefores).

The truth would be drowned out by the propaganda
Well said, it also seems 'the masses' (a phrase I learned from Facebook) think that everyone in Israel is a full on Jew and that there arent over one million Arabs living in Israel. This brings two issues imho, it doesnt show the truth of who actually live in Israel, and thus hides the facts of daily life in the country such as road blocks that slow certain parts of the population from going about their daily business etc or the issues with land grab housing developments.

Sorry for this, but I had a fleeting glimpse of a Telly picture just as I was going, but was that a picture of Hopeless hattie with Pritti and Netanyahu in Israel or was that someone else?

It just need one formal letter from the Israeli government referring to the meetings to get the CS on her case. They'd soon identify that they had no record of any such meeting.

What she did was really dumb.
Interestingly it is said that Blair constantly had meetings at No 10 "around the kitchen table" at which no CS (other than Campbell, at times) was in attendance.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Interestingly it is said that Blair constantly had meetings at No 10 "around the kitchen table" at which no CS (other than Campbell, at times) was in attendance.
That was Blair's 'sofa government'. Obviously didn't want his dodgy thoughts recorded for posterity.

The difference between Blair and Priti Patel is that she was holding unauthorised meetings with a foreign government, not running the cabinet in a naff way.

Wordsmith

And furthermore, from the CO's perspective, being perceived as doing a deal which leaves your smart cavalry regiment's mess in debt socially to that of a REME battalion.
Which brings us neatly round to the question of whether any of these will be served at the forthcoming meeting between the fragrant Priti and PMTM:

upload_2017-11-8_12-49-58.png

. . . or not! =D

Slime

LE
Which brings us neatly round to the question of whether any of these will be served at the forthcoming meeting between the fragrant Priti and PMTM:

View attachment 302941

. . . or not! =D
Ooh, those made me hungry, I haven't had those for many years!

I'm guessing that Miss Patel does not agree with much that is going on in Cabinet. I doubt that she is alone in this.
The fact that she has decided to conduct an independent campaign speaks volumes about the condition of the Prime Minister and the Government. It is a most unedifying situation.

Latest Threads