Priti Vacant?

Having read the comments for and against, I'm still wondering if this is not just the latest example of the Westminster Bubble - where the politicos and media bleat endlessy about something that is pretty much irrelevant to the rest of the country (you know, the one where the real people who have real lives and jobs live).

I'm still not convinced that this isn't being blown way out of all proportion by journalists trying to fill airspace with endless babble about a whipped up "crisis" while the politicians are just babbling to either get their faces on tv or in the newspapers.

No-one will remember this in 12 months.
The Labour Party will because it's the Conservatives and Jews.

Slime

LE
Can someone explain to this politically naive individual, what exactly she has done wrong?
She, apparently, went "off piste" having meetings with people(?)
She then didn't explain precisely to members of the press corps what she had been doing(?)
Could it be she's been operating under instruction? Keeping a low profile while trying to arrange (post Brexit) business deals?
She essentially had meetings with foriegn governments without permission, had those meetings without informing British diplomats in the countries concerned and suggested the British could/would do hings that are contrary to British policy.

One example was meeting the Isreali prime minister without authority from Downing Street, doing it without informing he British consulate in advance or inviting them to the meeting, then offering British foriegn aid money to treat injured Palestinian fighters who were injured fighting Isrealis despite the British government not recognising the injured Palestinians as a legit group so being ubable to send foreign aid to pay for their treatment.

Essentially she has done exactly what Corbyn did with the IRA ithout the consent of the labour govetnment of the day. Is goes without saying that The labour party thinks she should resign for such behaviour.

Slime

LE
The Labour Party will because it's the Conservatives and Jews.
They will remember it as its the tories, the meeting was to help the Palestinians.

kdash123

Old-Salt
Apology accepted, Minister Patel...

Seadog

ADC
A Labour outrage bus charterer was wailing at how PP had "lied to the nation".

However bad form PP's crossover itinerary was, I'll wager that half "the nation" don't know who she is and most of those who do know give less than a monkey's. Mr Outrage's bus may have seats going spare.

This is turning out quite funny.

One tory defending her -

I’m quite certain that Priti made a genuine, genuine mistake.

We need to recognise that a lot of ministers are not experienced in high office when they take on these roles and they need a lot of support. I see this as an accident, I don’t see this is as malign or malicious, though a very serious breach of the protocols, no doubt about that.
When did incompetence become an acceptable defence*?

* And yes I know 20 January 2017 was probably the official date.

kdash123

Old-Salt
A Labour outrage bus charterer was wailing at how PP had "lied to the nation".

However bad form PP's crossover itinerary was, I'll wager that half "the nation" don't know who she is and most of those who do know give less than a monkey's. Mr Outrage's bus may have seats going spare.

I think it's more becoming "how many times is she going to try and lie to PMTM and the Govt. in an attempt to cover her our back before she gets sacked?" rather than "she lied to the country... OUTRAGE" now.

Can someone explain to this politically naive individual, what exactly she has done wrong?
She, apparently, went "off piste" having meetings with people(?)
She then didn't explain precisely to members of the press corps what she had been doing(?)
Could it be she's been operating under instruction? Keeping a low profile while trying to arrange (post Brexit) business deals?
In military terms , it's a bit like a CQMS suddenly deciding to do the Adjutant's job .
Without telling the CO .
Hope this helps .

They will remember it as its the tories, the meeting was to help the Palestinians.
No, it was an attempt by a UK Minister to help the Israel government avoid awkward questions from their electorate by providing funds from the UK Aid budget to help Palestinians injured by the Israeli Armed Forces.

A Conservative government being seen to help an Israeli government would only serve to put teeth into their (unofficial) slogan "for the many not the Jew" and provide more reason for Corbyn and his ilk to be seen supporting the Palestinian "cause".

In military terms , it's a bit like a CQMS suddenly deciding to do the Adjutant's job .
Without telling the CO .
Hope this helps .
And furthermore, from the CO's perspective, being perceived as doing a deal which leaves your smart cavalry regiment's mess in debt socially to that of a REME battalion.

This is turning out quite funny.

One tory defending her -

When did incompetence become an acceptable defence*?

* And yes I know 20 January 2017 was probably the official date.
Err, it is in the Labour Party as DA has shown on many an occasion so why not for the Tories :)

Slime

LE
So she went and offered British foreign aid money to the Isrealis SPECIFICALLY to treat injured Palestinians and NOT Isrealis and you give me a disagree when I say it wasnt for the jews..............which it wasnt, and not everyone in Isreal is a jew. When done, top marks. ;)

Latest Threads