Priti Patel the new Home Sec wants to hang crims, lots of them.

Have you read the article? Who said the Security Services broke confidentiality?
How could any of her Spads or staff know that she was having information withheld, unless they had been told that by the Security Services?
What's her clearance level and how did her Israel visit affect it?
She's a Government Minister and therefore a Privy Councillor. Which means she's cleared to above TS
It's highlighted no such thing, looks more like someone at Marsham St briefing against her. That or Dom of course.....
Which would make it likely to be completely fabricated.
How about she's alienated her staff and has little support within her own ministry?
Clearly she's upset someone.

How could any of her Spads or staff know that she was having information withheld, unless they had been told that by the Security Services?
Regular meetings in Marsham St are normally attended by all stakeholders, there can be a number of departments and sub departments of organisations. People chat, people know stuff and if it isn't mentioned they'd notice. Have you read the article?
She's a Government Minister and therefore a Privy Councillor. Which means she's cleared to above TS Which would make it likely to be completely fabricated.
That's a very confident statement, are you telling me that Jeremy Corbyn is TS? Are you telling me that clearance is never issued without qualification(s)? ETA - do PC members get TS?
Clearly she's upset someone.
Clearly, whether it's the Security Service as well is open to question. News International have learnt to their cost that keeping things legal is a very good idea though. I doubt they'd print without having it legalled and someone ready to take the rap.

Last edited:
Mi5/6 have never let any secrets out before so I'm not worried.

Apart from that time all their senior officers were soviet spies.

Last edited:
She's a Government Minister and therefore a Privy Councillor. Which means she's cleared to above TS Which would make it likely to be completely fabricated. Clearly she's upset someone.
Be very afraid but so is Jeremy Corbyn.
I wonder if they tell him everything?

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
Regular meetings in Marsham St are normally attended by all stakeholders, there can be a number of departments and sub departments of organisations. People chat, people know stuff and if it isn't mentioned they'd notice. Have you read the article?
That's a very confident statement, are you telling me that Jeremy Corbyn is TS? Are you telling me that clearance is never issued without qualification(s)? ETA - do PC members get TS?
Clearly, whether it's the Security Service as well is open to question. News International have learnt to their cost that keeping things legal is a very good idea though. I doubt they'd print without having it legalled and someone ready to take the rap.
It is usual for Ministers and Privy Councillors not to have blanket TS or codeword clearance but, instead, have an aide who is cleared to the appropriate level who then briefs them at a lower level of the salient points. If anyone thinks that some of the idiots are cleared to a high level - and I can think of a few - then don't concern yourselves.

It is usual for Ministers and Privy Councillors not to have blanket TS or codeword clearance but, instead, have an aide who is cleared to the appropriate level who then briefs them at a lower level of the salient points. If anyone thinks that some of the idiots are cleared to a high level - and I can think of a few - then don't concern yourselves.
I do like to think that Jeremy has been present at one or two of these meetings, asked a loaded question and been fobbed off with the jokey " Well we could tell you but then we'd have to kill you. In your case cnut, we really mean it. In here."

It's not usual to clear MPs - didn't know about Privy Council specifically and don't know about the Intelligence and Security select Committee.

Last edited:
I do like to think that Jeremy has been present at one or two of these meetings, asked a loaded question and been fobbed off with the jokey " Well we could tell you but then we'd have to kill you. In your case cnut, we really mean it. In here."
Hopefully he has been present but not involved

Hopefully he has been present but not involved
Being involved may require a decision to be made, that's not his style.

I never vouched for its veracity. I merely submitted it for discussion.

If the allegation that MI5, don’t feel that they can sufficiently trust The HS with intelligence that they would normally share, then surely that is a concern.

If your considered view is that there is no basis in truth for the article, then articulate that, rather than obtusely try to reference some obscure aspect of my job.
I have possibly heard that there may be allegations that you have possibly been suspected of kiddie fiddling by unidentified persons.
The above statement has as much validation as the Times piece.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Just incase you are unaware, PP is not regarded as "malleable" in the "right" context by those "in charge". Hence the little snippets by those who want a more understanding figure.
Absolute speculation on my part and nothing to do with any conversations I haven't had.
Just what I said this morning. She has said publicly something (probably immigration related or crime related) that has upset a senior Civil Servant or two. They are now briefing against her- she's a bully, a gossip, kicks puppies, so as to get her replaced by someone more 'on message'.

Hopefully the Civil Servants will soon be taught that they work for us, not Mark f@cking Serwotka!!!

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

TotalBanker

Old-Salt
TBH, I did think the story about the spies withholding info wasn't quite right,. Given what they look at, if something blew up (either literally or figuratively), I don't imagine there are many who would want to explain to the PM that they withheld important info from the HS.
Like others I suspect shes ruffled a few feathers on people who assumed it was they and not politicians who run the CS

TBH, I did think the story about the spies withholding info wasn't quite right,. Given what they look at, if something blew up (either literally or figuratively), I don't imagine there are many who would want to explain to the PM that they withheld important info from the HS.
Like others I suspect shes ruffled a few feathers on people who assumed it was they and not politicians who run the CS
The CS is due a long overdue kicking. If they are briefing against Pretty Priti then she must be doing something right.

Yes, however, the only people who would know about withholding info would be those in charge of it.
This is how you manipulate superiors - by giving them what you want them to have.
Empires are made by controlling the flow of information. To be the one who knows best, make sure everyone knows less than you do.

Latest Threads