Priti Patel the new Home Sec wants to hang crims, lots of them.

You know nothing about me. But feel free to speculate.
It's arrse, we form opinions based on what people post. Not questioning your physical courage but compared to our other thin blue line posters you're consistently by the book and the first to explain why inaction is the first port of call.

How do you know it was The Security Services?

It could be one of a number of people in The HO. I would have more trust in them than scheming politicians/SPADS or CS with an axe to grind.
When it begins 'Mi5 chiefs...' one might equate that with a branch of the security services

People are sick and tired of MSM stories that turn out to be such rubbish. It's irritating when people try to defend them.
How do we truly know whether they turn out to be such rubbish. I doubt that anyone from MI5 will ever come out and confirm this particular story.

If this story or anything similar was about an opposition politician, people would make hay and love it. However because it’s about one of the current crop of Tory politicians, it appears that it can’t even be entertained or talked about.

I indicated that I had more trust in The Security Service to keep quiet than a politician/ SPAD or disgruntled CS.
It may have escaped your notice but the bulk of the people employed by SIS are CS.

. . . still, enough hair-splitting . . .

As I have said a number of times, I’m not vouching for the veracity of the article, merely submitting it for discussion. Having seen many similar types of articles submitted about other politicians that are embraced and discussed, I can’t help feeling that there is a clique of people on here that just won’t entertain or discuss anything that remotely is critical or unflattering of certain Tory politicians. . . .
. . . and I can't help feeling that your oft-recorded disdain for (and prejudice against) the Conservative Party and the PM in particular was fed when you came across the subject article: I am more convinced than ever that you had not read the whole articleand that you were smitten by the headline and teasers.

It's arrse, we form opinions based on what people post. Not questioning your physical courage but compared to our other thin blue line posters you're consistently by the book and the first to explain why inaction is the first port of call.
If you don’t realise that the police are hamstrung by lack of resources and crippling rules that cause in action then hopefully me pointing them out will help you understand.

The most frustrating part of my job often is the inability to get straight on with it as the public expect. Instead having to second and third guess how I stay within the law.

Many ex cops suddenly jump on the “in my day“ bandwagon as if things were great. They never really have been.

Very few current cops will disagree with the majority of what I post. I have to live with this type of shit on a daily basis.

Truxx

LE
People are sick and tired of MSM stories that turn out to be such rubbish. It's irritating when people try to defend them.
I spent the latter half of my lengthy working life doing strategic comms at government and departmental level. Mostly on defence related issues I grant you but sometimes on other subjects.

I can count on the fingers of one foot the number of times that the MSM got things right.

Large swathes of senior CS are finally learning what the S stands for and don't like it up em. Tough shit, it's about time the mandarins learned their job is to plan how to achieve things not to explain how they can't possibly be done. The more anonymous briefing against ministers the more confidence I have in them.
You've not had a lot of exposure to SCS, have you?

Last edited:
It may have escaped your notice but the bulk of the people employed by SIS are CS.

. . . still, enough hair-splitting . . .

. . . and I can't help feeling that your oft-recorded disdain for (and prejudice against) the Conservative Party and the PM in particular was fed when you came across the subject article: I am more convinced than ever that you had not read the whole articleand that you were smitten by the headline and teasers.
The SIS are MI6, MI5 are the Security Service and if I remember correctly, they are Crown Servants and are held to a much higher level of secrecy than your average CS.

I have voted for The Conservatives for 34 years and no one else . My distrust of BJ is no secret and I say nothing that numerous Tories weren’t saying last year during the leadership election to his face and the press. However suddenly they have had their loyalty assured with jobs or deselection from the party.

Just because I don’t particularly like BJ, or his current further to the right stance, doesn’t mean I’m not a Tory supporter. All parties have different factions and views.

Not entirely convinced wets is TSG material.

'Right lads, the roads been blocked by protesters and it's looking like it's going to kick off. We're going to go in hard, I'll lead the main section handing out leaflets assuring them we're there to facilitate their right to have a bit of a riot about any old crap, Jones and his emotional support animal handlers will back us up in case of any trauma among the rioters. Lets roll.'
Obviously changed a bit since my day. Officers appying for TSG had to have a frontal lobotamy. Good old Cressida Dick.

A politicised copper isn't surprising given the CoC, but stll disappointing
Politicised to vote Tory all my life. In my experience the vast majority of cops aren’t that interested in politics and I very rarely hear it mentioned at work.

You obviously know that though, because you have an insight into what happens 24/7 in the police.

Fishbulb

Old-Salt
Politicised to vote Tory all my life. In my experience the vast majority of cops aren’t that interested in politics and I very rarely hear it mentioned at work.

You obviously know that though, because you have an insight into what happens 24/7 in the police.
Evenin', Constable Bitey. Warm night... :D

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
Well its true, she is a really strong advocate of the death penalty and also no freind of the extreme wing of Alans snack bar - the latter fact alone will launch a full on KultureKampf with the Home Offices senior staff.

I think we will see her totally reform the Ministry after a very hard series of battles , the briefing against her will be epic, expect to lots of 'Islamophobic' smears.

The prospect of having knife gang members hung in gibbets on London cross roads is regrettably slim but she will be going for the rape gangs including those who turned turned a blind eye.

This will be one to watch
Has she started yet?

There are two very serious issues here.

1 The security service breaking confidentiality in discussing relationships with the minister with a national newspaper.
Have you read the article? Who said the Security Services broke confidentiality?
2 Withholding information that might allow the minister to make better informed decisions and making that fact public.
What's her clearance level and how did her Israel visit affect it?
All this, if true, should be behind closed doors. If anything, it's highlighted that the security service is not leak proof. So what else is oozing out and who to ? How secure are they ?
It's highlighted no such thing, looks more like someone at Marsham St briefing against her. That or Dom of course.....
If I wanted to create a rift, with a knock on effect of suggesting a more suitable person be found, this is how I would do it. Creating that doubt in PPs mind that she's be shown the whole picture and slowly poisoning the trust.
How about she's alienated her staff and has little support within her own ministry?

Last edited:
Hyperbole and frankly a load of bollox.
Your inability to accept or debate anything that doesn’t comply with your rose tinted view of certain politicians indicates a blinkered view of things as well.

Maybe now, you will stop following me around like The Chief Whip, who has to crush any dissent. The fact you put people on ignore, when they are not abusive to you, indicates an inability to listen to others views. Reinforcing the echo that comforts you.
Why are some Brexiteer types so quick to have a hissy fit? WTF must it have been like to work with these highly strung types?

When it begins 'Mi5 chiefs...' one might equate that with a branch of the security services
You shouldn't conclude that they're responsible, the Security Service may be a HO responsibility but they're not given to off the record briefings against their minister. SPADs and HO staffers though....

Not entirely convinced wets is TSG material.

'Right lads, the roads been blocked by protesters and it's looking like it's going to kick off. We're going to go in hard, I'll lead the main section handing out leaflets assuring them we're there to facilitate their right to have a bit of a riot about any old crap, Jones and his emotional support animal handlers will back us up in case of any trauma among the rioters. Lets roll.'
The TSG are the spiritual descendants of the Special Patrol Group, and as the old Met joke goes,

"After the Miner's Strike was finished, the SPG wanted to push on to Moscow". :)

Latest Threads