Priti Patel the new Home Sec wants to hang crims, lots of them.

Oyibo

LE
I'm not sure Da Vinci, Copernicus or Galileo would agree with you there.

The Da Vinci who fled to France, Copernicus who did not want to publish his opus on heliocentrism, and Galileo who was tried by the Inquisition and spent much of his life under house arrest.

The Da Vinci who fled to France, Copernicus who did not want to publish his opus on heliocentrism, and Galileo who was tried by the Inquisition and spent much of his life under house arrest.

Yep, the France that earlier posters have cited as an RC bastion, and in all cases, theories and scientific discoveries that occurred while the originators were living in 'stagnant and agrarian' Catholic countries.

The magic words are: I repent. Catholics are supposed to protect and succor anyone who offers penitence until repentance is complete or the person leaves. Think of it like claiming sanctuary. If you're clergy, you've no choice, it's part of the vows.
I agree though, it's stupid.

Edit: In the same way, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine respectable people who do not need to repent.

Good news Bible. Think its from the lost sheep parable or the one about the naughty boy returning home after spending all his loot on women, cards and beer.

Didn't stop them raping and killing mission staff though.

Oyibo

LE
Yep, the France that earlier posters have cited as an RC bastion, and in all cases, theories and scientific discoveries that occurred while the originators were living in 'stagnant and agrarian' Catholic countries.

I suppose it depends on when one thinks the Renaissance period was. If one takes it from the earliest date (1350) the papacy was in Avignon. Road signs nowadays around the city proudly proclaim this (I dare say for monetary rather than theological reasons).

If one takes the Huguenot movement in the late C16 as an example, John Calvin started it appealing to educated RCs and others. It didn't go well for the Huguenots - many educated people were slaughtered or fled overseas - at great detriment to France.

There are plenty of other examples in France and Europe, but those are two.

PS. I have nothing against Catholicism - when I was at RMAS as a documented agnostic I was forced to go to High Church C of E services (hellfire and brimstone). I decided to convert to Catholic agnosticism - far better services which actually discussed subjects such as contraception (with pretty sensible opinions). And the services were shorter and one got tea and biccies afterwards.

Don’t really care. If the other lot were in they’d be taking instructions from the Unions, if they’d finished the diversity risk assessment about whether to have a vaccine ;)
You reckon the Unions are the threat?

Yevgeny Lebedev, Baron of Hampton and Siberia notes your concern. As does his father, Alexander Yevgenievich Lebedev, ex KGB and FSV. Both encourage you to be ever vigilant against Unions, especially Unions and not rich Russian emigres holding bunga bunga parties in Italy... ;-)

You reckon the Unions are the threat?

Yevgeny Lebedev, Baron of Hampton and Siberia notes your concern. As does his father, Alexander Yevgenievich Lebedev, ex KGB and FSV. Both encourage you to be ever vigilant against Unions, especially Unions and not rich Russian emigres holding bunga bunga parties in Italy... ;-)

FSV?

Who they?

Da Vinci; he's the one who designed a helicopter that didn't have a hope of flying once it left the drawing board. The MoD would have been beating a path to his door.

My bold, they'd have to get the code first!!

Here we go again with more sound bites.

Equipped with some of these.
CE1QQkYW8AAkDlF.jpg

a282f0b3b5768926938a14bf36ba4164.jpg

Latest Threads