Priti Patel the new Home Sec wants to hang crims, lots of them.

Does cutting the police and The CJS by 25% really make it stronger and less corrupt?
A weeding out of the unfit, corrupt, and below standard could certainly improve the system. The percentage depends on the improvement desired and present political climate.

The majority of organisations carry dead weight, the few who cull to the absolute, such as the special forces, are simply both impractical and unpalatable to the majority of society.

The balance... a fine one, depends on where and when, and is a moving target in changing times and circumstances.

Last edited:
A weeding out of the unfit, corrupt, and below standard could certainly improve the system. The percentage depends on the improvement desired and present political climate.

The majority of organisations carry dead weight, the few who cull to the absolute, such as the special forces, are simply both impractical and unpalatable to the majority of society.

The balance... a fine one, depends on where and when, and is a moving target in changing times and circumstances.

None of which the government of the last 11 years appear to have done in this country for policing.

People leaving at the end of their time and no recruitment for nearly a decade to replace them isn’t reform, it’s just running it into the ground.

Overworked, overwhelmed and demoralised police officers aren’t a good thing.

One is unacceptable, and already exceeded.

So by that logic, the other 99% or whatever it is should be executed.

I disagree. When I see a noticeable number of convicted murderers killing on release and I see a link between the death penalty and reduced murders, I might reconsider.

None of which the government of the last 11 years appear to have done in this country for policing.

People leaving at the end of their time and no recruitment for nearly a decade to replace them isn’t reform, it’s just running it into the ground.

Overworked, overwhelmed and demoralised police officers aren’t a good thing.
Your contention that there has been no recruitment is BS. Recruitment with a dilution of standards required, perhaps.

I agree 100% with you last statement. My son left the police service with my unlooked for approval/support due to changing attitudes towards the police and ‘woke’ support for defunding an organisation that I and many others consider a vital national service.

So by that logic, the other 99% or whatever it is should be executed.
If incontrovertibly convicted on multiple offences, yes!!!

The fact that people convicted of more than one murder have been freed is a travesty of so called ‘justice’, and those murderers who have been freed and re-offended, another unacceptable event.

Would I recommend 99% of these examples be executed.

Yes!!! Every one of them.

Last edited:
Your contention that there has been no recruitment is BS. Recruitment with a dilution of standards required, perhaps.

I agree 100% with you last statement. My son left the police service with my unlooked for approval/support due to changing attitudes towards the police and ‘woke’ support for defunding an organisation that I and many others consider a vital national service.

The recruitment between about 2012 and 2019/20 was virtually non existent. My force alone lost 1000 officers which amounted to 25% of the warranted workforce.

Only when Bozo was backed into a corner during the 2019 Conservative Leadership elections, did we start to see the 20k of new recruits mentioned.

I have seen response shifts dwindle from about 15 down to 7 on average with numerous stations closed to save money.

If anything, during those exceptionally lean years, the recruiting standards increased, due to virtually no places and numerous people applying.

The only people that I have seen defund the police in this country are the government of the last 10 years.

I give way to your persistence.

My experience in the job for the last decade. I wish it hadn’t been like this. I leave early next year and feel thoroughly sad about it all.

I just wonder if this bloke thinks that current plod training is as pants as the rest of the residents and victims of crime in England and Wales do?
He has obviously identified a training need (as have others on here) which is very relevant.

I can't see why you'd need a solicitor for BoP. It's not a criminal matter, you won't be interviewed for it and when the opportunity or likelihood of further BoP has gone (i.e. you've calmed down/sobered up/it's now next morning) you will be released without charge.

She supports the death penalty, talks tough on crime after belonging to a party that has destroyed the police and the wider CJS and doesn’t want people like her and her family coming here anymore.

She appeals to some.
Priti Patel's family came to the country after suffering genuine persecution. They didn't pass through numerous safe countries and flew direct to the UK after being granted asylum and the relevant visas together with the rest of the Ugandan Asians. They fluent spoke English and did not feel the need to destroy all their documents before arriving.

Priti Patel's family came to the country after suffering genuine persecution. They didn't pass through numerous safe countries and flew direct to the UK after being granted asylum and the relevant visas together with the rest of the Ugandan Asians. They fluent spoke English and did not feel the need to destroy all their documents before arriving.
And also Patel changed her mind about the death penalty in 2016.

It was mentioned a few pages back, the illegal immigrants refuse to be rescued by merchant shipping and will await RNLI or BF to rescue them.
Can they be made to wait a bit longer?

Oh I think we're long past trying to do complexity, certainly on this site.

Stil, I hope the culture war gets us some good music. Might make it entertaining whilst this thing runs its course.

I remember staying up late on a Friday night to watch this on Channel 4.
As usual the BBC had banned it, been FGTH therefore straight to number one.

Seems she's off the rozzers' Xmas card list.

'Following an extraordinary National Council meeting today, the organisation has also made a decision to withdraw its support and engagement from the Police Remuneration Review Body, labelling the current police officer pay mechanism ‘not fit for purpose’.

'The move follows Wednesday’s pay announcement and Home Secretary Priti Patel’s claim that the Government ‘recognises the bravery, commitment and professionalism’ of police officers, while offering no improved financial package to our members to illustrate that is the case.

'During the National Council meeting, those present overwhelmingly supported a vote of no confidence in the Home Secretary and the PRRB process for police officer pay.

'There is enormous anger within policing, with officers across England and Wales saying the Government takes them for granted and treats them with contempt.'

Seems she's off the rozzers' Xmas card list.

'Following an extraordinary National Council meeting today, the organisation has also made a decision to withdraw its support and engagement from the Police Remuneration Review Body, labelling the current police officer pay mechanism ‘not fit for purpose’.

'The move follows Wednesday’s pay announcement and Home Secretary Priti Patel’s claim that the Government ‘recognises the bravery, commitment and professionalism’ of police officers, while offering no improved financial package to our members to illustrate that is the case.

'During the National Council meeting, those present overwhelmingly supported a vote of no confidence in the Home Secretary and the PRRB process for police officer pay.

'There is enormous anger within policing, with officers across England and Wales saying the Government takes them for granted and treats them with contempt.'

Took them long enough

Latest Threads