Priti Patel the new Home Sec wants to hang crims, lots of them.

Bugger all in reality, but she talked the talk on her way in which made a refreshing change from her predecessors who were bland on the way in, incompetent in the job, and self serving on the way out.

I think she's got a job in the Augean stables. Reform will be a generational thing. The only other way is a ruthless cutting out of "centres of independence" that will cause major upheavals in the short to medium term.

I think she's got a job in the Augean stables. Reform will be a generational thing. The only other way is a ruthless cutting out of "centres of independence" that will cause major upheavals in the short to medium term.

"Conservatives", sounds more like a Tea Party tribute band to me.

I must have missed that in the series of quite reasonable tweets asking straight-forward questions about apparently incoherent proposed law.

I was expecting some stuff based on his bio of "activist lawyer" -

View attachment 587913

Still, go large or go home I suppose.

I suppose these barrister (Matthew Scott of Pump Street Chambers) is actually the illuminati, or at very least an 'actvist lawyer'?

Any word on what the RNLI have said yet?

Oh I think we're long past trying to do complexity, certainly on this site.

Stil, I hope the culture war gets us some good music. Might make it entertaining whilst this thing runs its course.

I loved that they used the guy from the protect and survive videos to do voice overs, and Chris Barrie, it's a real geek off

Any word on what the RNLI have said yet?
Still not asked them myself. Home Office don't seem to have answered the polite questions from QCs and Barristers.

Let's see what happens as the bill goes through Parliament.

Oh the excitement?! Will a half coherent bit of law pop out the other end of the process!

Will it be frustrated by activitist lawyers and the Lizard people!

How much fun!

Oh I think we're long past trying to do complexity, certainly on this site.

Stil, I hope the culture war gets us some good music. Might make it entertaining whilst this thing runs its course.

Isn't that the music they used in Doomsday* during the police car chase?

*Whats that? Global pandemic with a virus that Scotland fails to get a grip on, so the Army is deployed...

Edit:

Not sure how a Norfolk Police car managed to get up to Scotland though...

Isn't that the music they used in Doomsday* during the police car chase?

*Whats that? Global pandemic with a virus that Scotland fails to get a grip on, so the Army is deployed...

Edit:

Not sure how a Norfolk Police car managed to get up to Scotland though...

I thought that was a documentary about Scotland under the yoke of the Scottish Nazi Party, but yes the same song, different mix though I think

Still not asked them myself. Home Office don't seem to have answered the polite questions from QCs and Barristers.

Oh the excitement?! Will a half coherent bit of law pop out the other end of the process!

How much fun!
Have you taken over from Brotherton Lad?

How much fun!

Does the home office have to answer everyone on Twitter?

Why have you not asked the RNLI? Surely they would have a better idea of the implications for themselves rather than random people from the 300+ million Twitter users.

Society isn’t binary, as much as some try to make it appear so. It’s a million different shades of views.
I certainly agree...but this sounds pretty binary to me???

...after belonging to a party that has destroyed the police and the wider CJS and doesn’t want people like her and her family coming here anymore.
...and has more people like her in the party than the party you appear to be from??

I certainly agree...but this sounds pretty binary to me???

...and has more people like her in the party than the party you appear to be from??

What party have I voted for all my life?

Does the home office have to answer everyone on Twitter?

Why have you not asked the RNLI? Surely they would have a better idea of the implications for themselves rather than random people from the 300+ million Twitter users.

The RNLI does not formulate and implement law in this country.

The Home Office do, and they appear not to able to explain this (and indeed some other sections of the bill).

Still, let's see how it gets through parliament.

The RNLI does not formulate and implement law in this country.

The Home Office do, and they appear not to able to explain this (and indeed some other sections of the bill).

Still, let's see how it gets through parliament.

The RNLI are allegedly the ones affected though, so what have they said about it? You must know because I would hate to think that your point is based solely on random tweets on twitter.

A complete mystery, inconsequential , and comments made refer only to to your posts.

Do you have to be in favour of the death penalty, wholesale dismantling of the police and a pull up the drawbridge attitude to immigration to be a Conservative voter nowadays?

Do you have to be in favour of the death penalty, wholesale dismantling of the police and a pull up the drawbridge attitude to immigration to be a Conservative voter nowadays?
Favour of the death penalty as a valid ultimate deterrent to murder in light of the increasingly pathetic sentences and repeat offences being committed nowadays, would seem a logical possibility in certain few incontrovertible and completely proven cases.

In my opinion Conservatives have always very strongly believed in a strong, less corrupt police force, now weakened many think, by a lowering of standards to accommodate increasingly weak woke views.

Immigration, sensibly controlled, has historically proven always been more of a benefit, than disservice, I think a fact recognised by most ’Conservative’ voters.

Your views have a rather an all or nothing tinge to them, rather than the seemingly at odds...for your stated 'million shades of views.'

Last edited:
Favour of the death penalty as a valid ultimate deterrent to murder in light of the increasingly pathetic sentences and repeat offences being committed nowadays, would seem a logical possibility in certain few incontrovertible and completely proven cases.

In my opinion Conservatives have always very strongly believed in a strong, less corrupt police force, now weakened many think, by a lowering of standards to accommodate increasingly weak woke views.

Immigration, sensibly controlled, has historically proven always been more of a benefit, than disservice, I think a fact recognised by most ’Conservative’ voters.

Your views have a rather an all or nothing tinge to them, rather than the seemingly at odds...for you, stated million shades of view?

Where did I say I was or wasn’t in favour of these things.

I’m yet to see that we have a tangible problem with convicted and sentenced murderers coming out and killing more people, The US doesn’t seem to indicate that the death penalty reduces murders.

I am all in favour of strong and appropriate sentencing, in secure prisons with enough prison staff who are correctly trained to keep prisoners safely under lock and key. Not a prison service that has been ravaged with cuts to the point that they are unsafe. Or a court system that has seen 160 courts closed and backlogs that predate Covid.

Does cutting the police and The CJS by 25% really make it stronger and less corrupt?

I also agree with a sensible and controlled immigration system. Tinged with compassion and a need to do the right thing by the economy and those in need.

Latest Threads