Priti Patel the new Home Sec wants to hang crims, lots of them.

endure

GCM
But if they are all out in the channel acting as a taxi service they are not available for people really in distress are they? They can't be in two places at once, there are only so many of them.
They're not out in the Channel acting as a taxi service they're there at the request of HM Coast Guard rescuing people in distress.

Rescuing Johnny on his lilo requires an inshore RIB not an all weather boat

According to yourself ,remain, Labour, Momentum, The Gruniad, BBC extinction rebbellion etc then no apparrently no reasonable person would listen to farage - only thick facsists do.

Humour aside my point was solely that You (personally) cannot use farage as a reasonableness test if you have a history of stating hes anything but - personally Ive no dog in that fight - I dont care.

Im not sure why youve thrown that in there - unless youve confused my comments about hammerring people traffickers in which case to clarify - it wasnt driven by a percieved threat to me but the real threat to migrants / asylum seekers and vulnerable children women in general.

To further clarify my remarks viz Thieving rapist scum etc were aimed at the traffickers not immigrants legal or otherwise.
I feel you may have got the wrong end of that stick

That's a stupidly unsubtle assessment of my opinion of Farage.

Geuinely, push off and do better.

That's a stupidly unsubtle assessment of my opinion of Farage.

Geuinely, push off and do better.

Ahem very 1st words of the text you scored through

Humour aside

Indicating that the 1st paragraph was intended in jest and was not a serious representation of your views.

Im happy to push off - but perhaps you need to take peoples comments less personally - lest you see offence where none wasintended

Ahem very 1st words of the text you scored through

Humour aside

Indicating that the 1st paragraph was intended in jest and was not a serious representation of your views.

Im happy to push off - but perhaps you need to take peoples comments less personally - lest you see offence where none wasintended
My apologies!

Here's another interesting theory about the bill.

It was a fairly blunt attempt (amidst other things) at defeating the failure of prosecutions by CPS

Incidentally, there some jolly funny stuff in the bill. I do like the ability to legally attach less weight to evidence, I mean it is almost like if someone were challenged and produced evidence that evidence is now deemed late and of lessor probative value. Nice. A reverse ambush defence. We say something about you, you go get evidence, that evidence is late and of lessor value.

Proper lawyers will be on this like lions on a slow gazelle down at the watering hole.

But, they are clearly activst lawyers (so not serious), and it'll take years to get to court due to backlogs anyway, and any judge who doesn't agree with the government is clearly an activist Judge (the sort out on notice at p48 of the Tory party's last manifesto).

Result.

Screenshot_20210711-081552.jpg

Whether it does a thing about unlawful immigration or transnational organised crime is another thing entirely.

Funniest thing is the previous name, Sovereign Borders Bill. Sounds like the wet dream of a bunch of SPADs to me with no actual operational experience.

Still....

giphy.gif

It was a fairly blunt attempt (amidst other things) at defeating the failure of prosecutions by CPS

Incidentally, there some jolly funny stuff in the bill. I do like the ability to legally attach less weight to evidence, I mean it is almost like if someone were challenged and produced evidence that evidence is now deemed late and of lessor probative value. Nice. A reverse ambush defence. We say something about you, you go get evidence, that evidence is late and of lessor value.

Proper lawyers will be on this like lions on a slow gazelle down at the watering hole.

But, they are clearly activst lawyers (so not serious), and it'll take years to get to court due to backlogs anyway, and any judge who doesn't agree with the government is clearly an activist Judge (the sort out on notice at p48 of the Tory party's last manifesto).

Result.

View attachment 587868

Whether it does a thing about unlawful immigration or transnational organised crime is another thing entirely.

Funniest thing is the previous name, Sovereign Borders Bill. Sounds like the wet dream of a bunch of SPADs to me with no actual operational experience.

Still....

View attachment 587869
The problem with cheap lawyers. For cheap, read government. Is expensive ones run rings round them.

Had great hopes for PP, seems she's just as useless as many of her predecessors.

Genuinely, what in her previous track record gave the prospect of her being a good Home Secretary?

Result.
More stuff from Twitter eh? Is anyone commenting of 5G, space lizards anti vax etc?

More stuff from Twitter eh? Is anyone commenting of 5G, space lizards anti vax etc?
I must have missed that in the series of quite reasonable tweets asking straight-forward questions about apparently incoherent proposed law.

I was expecting some stuff based on his bio of "activist lawyer" -

Capture.JPG

Still, go large or go home I suppose.

I suppose these barrister (Matthew Scott of Pump Street Chambers) is actually the illuminati, or at very least an 'actvist lawyer'?

Genuinely, what in her previous track record gave the prospect of her being a good Home Secretary?
Bugger all in reality, but she talked the talk on her way in which made a refreshing change from her predecessors who were bland on the way in, incompetent in the job, and self serving on the way out.

Bugger all in reality, but she talked the talk on her way in which made a refreshing change from her predecessors who were bland on the way in, incompetent in the job, and self serving on the way out.

I was just curious.

She supports the death penalty, talks tough on crime after belonging to a party that has destroyed the police and the wider CJS and doesn’t want people like her and her family coming here anymore.

She appeals to some.

A section of society that disassociates itself from the woke snowflake knee bending lot that is the other section?

Society isn’t binary, as much as some try to make it appear so. It’s a million different shades of views.

Society isn’t binary, as much as some try to make it appear so. It’s a million different shades of views.

Oh I think we're long past trying to do complexity, certainly on this site.

Stil, I hope the culture war gets us some good music. Might make it entertaining whilst this thing runs its course.

Latest Threads