Priti Patel the new Home Sec wants to hang crims, lots of them.

No matter what the outcome. PP has had her wings clipped, she cannot afford any further complaints and will have to ensure they aren’t forthcoming.

No matter what the outcome. PP has had her wings clipped, she cannot afford any further complaints and will have to ensure they aren’t forthcoming.
Uuummm, assuming she's cleared by internal investigation and assuming that the industrial tribunal finds there is no case to answer then why should any mud stick???

Uuummm, assuming she's cleared by internal investigation and assuming that the industrial tribunal finds there is no case to answer then why should any mud stick???
No mud will stick, however any future complaints of a similar nature, from different people will be more difficult to refute as robust management or from snowflakes.

Let’s wait and see what the court case produces.

Allegations of bullying in the workplace are very common, particularly against women. Many of them are vexatious. To clip someone's wings because of unfounded or unproven claims is to give in to the real bullies who play the system.

Allegations of bullying in the workplace are very common, particularly against women. Many of them are vexatious. To clip someone's wings because of unfounded or unproven claims is to give in to the real bullies who play the system.
How many other members of The Cabinet, have had such complaints in the last few governments.

Do you have any stats to back up your assertions, it’s not something I have heard?

No mud will stick, however any future complaints of a similar nature, from different people will be more difficult to refute as robust management or from snowflakes.

Let’s wait and see what the court case produces.
Why should they be more difficult if she's found not to have been guilty of any of constructive dismissal at the tribunal? I would humbly suggest that if squeaky clean the spotlight should be shone on those making potentially vexatious claims.

How many other members of The Cabinet, have had such complaints in the last few governments.

Do you have any stats to back up your assertions, it’s not something I have heard?
In terms of gender, the Workplace Bullying Institute (2007)[19] states that women appear to be at greater risk of becoming a bullying target, as 57% of those who reported being targeted for abuse were women. Men are more likely to participate in aggressive bullying behaviour (60%), however when the bully is a woman her target is more likely to be a woman as well (71%).[23]

In 2015, the National Health Interview Survey found a higher prevalence of women (8%) workers who were threatened, bullied, or harassed than men. [24]

Indeed: my bad - have a go at this one:

True. Very true.

. . . only, as far as I'm aware, Putnam has decided to have his day in Court (Tribunal): the process referred to in the media was in line with the Ministerial Code in standards in public life. An internal inquiry.

Best you get your sneering in early - and often.
'Priti Patel' and 'probe' in the same breath. Oh dear.

Why should they be more difficult if she's found not to have been guilty of any of constructive dismissal at the tribunal? I would humbly suggest that if squeaky clean the spotlight should be shone on those making potentially vexatious claims.
Maybe if the secret internal investigation, was more transparent, we would know the veracity of the complaints. However it is shrouded in mystery and we will have to wait for the court case.

In terms of gender, the Workplace Bullying Institute (2007)[19] states that women appear to be at greater risk of becoming a bullying target, as 57% of those who reported being targeted for abuse were women. Men are more likely to participate in aggressive bullying behaviour (60%), however when the bully is a woman her target is more likely to be a woman as well (71%).[23]

In 2015, the National Health Interview Survey found a higher prevalence of women (8%) workers who were threatened, bullied, or harassed than men. [24]

That doesn’t support what @Joe_Private stated.

Maybe if the secret internal investigation, was more transparent, we would know the veracity of the complaints. However it is shrouded in mystery and we will have to wait for the court case.
Which company or firm would make its internal investigations into an employee's behaviour open and transparent to the gawping public? I can answer for you, none.

I've done bullying investigations, and they are all done in the strictest confidence, for very good reasons.

It’s a great shame Labour and the BBC have nothing better to do at this time. This is a drama manufactured by civil service apparatchiks on the orders of the now departed idiots in Labour head office.

YM

I'm sure you have had complaints made against you from members of the public. Can you provide a link to the investigation and outcome of those complaints please.

Which company or firm would make its internal investigations into an employee's behaviour open and transparent to the gawping public? I can answer for you, none.
The Police were made to do exactly that a few years ago. The Home Secretary who runs the department that runs the police, isn’t required to do so.

We were told that it was for public confidence. It obviously doesn’t apply to a Secretary of State.

I'm sure you have had complaints made against you from members of the public. Can you provide a link to the investigation and outcome of those complaints please.
If it had come to a hearing, yes. The complainant has the right to appeal and go to The IOPC, no right of appeal for this investigation.

Latest Threads