Priti Patel the new Home Sec wants to hang crims, lots of them.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
The Home Secretary, responsible for internal affairs and policing, seems to have gone missing in the last couple of weeks.

The Home Secretary, responsible for internal affairs and policing, seems to have gone missing in the last couple of weeks.
The Home Affairs Select Committee has found her, they just can't get her to speak with them. She's also approved the appointment of DCC Louisa Rolfe as Assistant Commissioner (Ops) for the Met earlier today and is maintaining her presence on Twitter. She's either not admitting to self-isolating and working from home, or is hoping that she can keep a low profile so that everyone will forget about her pre-Covid problems...

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Sexism. The men in the cabinet are taking over.

Signed. The BBC

I wondered how long it would be until the MSN went back to attacking PP, not so long it seems. They must really hate her guts so I hope she f*cks them right off.

She isn’t ******* the media, she is just refusing to appear in front of a committee to be questioned.

She will have her reasons.

I would have thought that as the HS who's department is at the forefront of managing the civil impact of CV-19, she would be on TV to inform us rather than leave it to other departments.

As a woman she is letting her girl power side down and displaying a lack of spinal fortitude.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I would have thought that as the HS who's department is at the forefront of managing the civil impact of CV-19, she would be on TV to inform us rather than leave it to other departments.

As a woman she is letting her girl power side down and displaying a lack of spinal fortitude.
I am not convinced by that argument. I also do not understand why the "no-show" but as wetsmonkey stated the woman must have her reasons. It will be interesting to find out later just what is going on.

She isn’t ******* the media, she is just refusing to appear in front of a committee to be questioned.

She will have her reasons.
Particularly as the Chair of said Committee is the self important, Political colossus, Yvette Cooper, who needs to maintain her profile, given she was roundly ignored when Starmer selected his Shadow Cabinet.

Particularly as the Chair of said Committee is the self important, Political colossus, Yvette Cooper, who needs to maintain her profile, given she was roundly ignored when Starmer selected his Shadow Cabinet.
PP as HS, not appearing in front of the Home Affairs Select Committee, isn’t a good thing and gives the impression of lack of scrutiny and transparency. At this current time, we need both of those.

Isn't she third or fourth in line if the domino effect hits the cabinet?

PP as HS, not appearing in front of the Home Affairs Select Committee, isn’t a good thing and gives the impression of lack of scrutiny and transparency. At this current time, we need both of those.
Agreed, but as you said previously, she hopefully has her reasons or is being advised accordingly.

She's very comfy in my basement and is coming to terms with what happens to naughty, naughty girls.

Your concerns are appreciated but unnecessary.
Comfy? You're not doing it right.

'At this current time' is probably not the correct time for such a distraction, do you not think?

During this event, such issues really do become just so much background noise: once we return to some semblance of normality, then time and effort can be spared for such things.

offog

LE

Or it could be that the PM has decreed that they speak with one voice from one soap box without counter briefings and one upmanship from other MP. That way the country gets one message from the go to office.

On that point I have not seen or heard lots of off the record report from the media, although I have not been looking and generally avoid the CV19 reports.