Priti Patel the new Home Sec wants to hang crims, lots of them.

Thankyou for making your position clear.
As I consider only the lower IQ types would enjoy bbc I definitely now know where you stand.
You couldn’t keep me on ignore could you? Had to chip in.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
You couldn’t keep me on ignore could you? Had to chip in.
I wouldn't put you on ignore.

I admire the endlessly inventive ways you manage to blame BoJo for each and every one of the world's ills.

I'm only surprised you haven't suggested BoJo's spent weeks in a white lab coat at Porton Down cooking up the Coronavirus...

Wordsmith :twisted:

I admire the endlessly inventive ways you manage to blame BoJo for each and every one of the world's ills.

I'm only surprised you haven't suggested BoJo's spent weeks in a white lab coat at Porton Down cooking up the Coronavirus...

Actually, I’m happy with how he has managed things so far. I don’t think he could do much more.

He has to live with the legacy of the last 10 years of cuts to public services, which has taken away any redundancy and contingency to deal with out of the ordinary incidents. That will affect his ability to deal with the issue.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Actually, I’m happy with how he has managed things so far. I don’t think he could do much more.

He has to live with the legacy of the last 10 years of cuts to public services, which has taken away any redundancy and contingency to deal with out of the ordinary incidents. That will affect his ability to deal with the issue.
BoJo appears to be rising to the challenge - I think we're only beginning to see the full measure of his stature as Prime Minister.

The opposition leaders are not doing their reputation any good by being political pygmies and continuing soundbite politics in the face of a national crisis. I struggle to think of any who are measuring up as well as BoJo.

Wordsmith

And another thread disappears down the toilet beause of internet handbag throwing.

How are things on planet Zog then?

So how do you attract the most famous and talented, when you are only allowed to pay them the same as a lesser known person with less ability to draw in viewers?
The problem that I - and most other TV tax payers have, is not the beeb paying talent what they are commercially worth, but the woke preaching that these people do on social media platforms such as twatter.
I ain't interested in the woke opinions of BBC personalities, such as Gary Lineker.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
The problem that I - and most other TV tax payers have, is not the beeb paying talent what they are commercially worth, but the woke preaching that these people do on social media platforms such as twatter.
I ain't interested in the woke opinions of BBC personalities, such as Gary Lineker.
If they were to leave, I'd be interested to see whether in fact they get offered the same money elsewhere. Where's Lineker going to go - or much of the 'comedy' talent, for that matter. Most would sink without trace with out the national broadcaster's patronage/quotas.

I'd also be interested in how quickly said talent would/could be replaced. I suspect fairly rapidly.

I just heard on the news that PP is calling for the death penalty for breaking lockdown laws.

Seems a bit harsh.

Latest Threads