Priti Patel the new Home Sec wants to hang crims, lots of them.

How do you grade fame and the ability to draw in viewers, when you have two presenters though, that’s when it becomes difficult.
With great difficulty. It can get very esoteric.

Fine for ITV/Sky which is private, not so for the BBC.
So how do you attract the most famous and talented, when you are only allowed to pay them the same as a lesser known person with less ability to draw in viewers?

It’s not really the same as two administrators in a government dept.

I’ve heard that they are going to start employing ex Chief Constables to start inspecting and grading submarine crews for £140 k when they retire.

So how do you attract the most famous and talented, when you are only allowed to pay them the same as a lesser known person with less ability to draw in viewers?

It’s not really the same as two administrators in a government dept.
This seems to be a problem with you. Where do you get the idea that the purpose of the BBC is to attract the most famous and talented. To what end? Why do viewers count. It's a captive audience?

This seems to be a problem with you. Where do you get the idea that the purpose of the BBC is to attract the most famous and talented. To what end? Why do viewers count. It's a captive audience?
Nobody is required to watch BBC, only to pay the licence fee if they want to watch live tv. I personally would rather watch talented and capable people on BBC than not and I’m happy to pay the licence fee, for the variety and quality that they produce. You might not feel like that.

That’s your problem not mine.

The problem with that argument is that it completely ignores the revenue stream that the BBC make from selling their shows abroad.

Nobody is required to watch BBC, only to pay the licence fee if they want to watch live tv. I personally would rather watch talented and capable people on BBC than not and I’m happy to pay the licence fee, for the variety and quality that they produce. You might not feel like that.

That’s your problem not mine.
So like with other people you don't wan't to address to address what has been stated, you'd rather blag it and hope that nobody notices.

I came in with an easy question for you that was basically "Why do the BBC need to attract viewers when they are funded by a tax? Thank you for quoting the law, I won't make any further reference to your chosen vocation.

So like with other people you don't wan't to address to address what has been stated, you'd rather blag it and hope that nobody notices.

I came in with an easy question for you that was basically "Why do the BBC need to attract viewers when they are funded by a tax? Thank you for quoting the law, I won't make any further reference to your chosen vocation.
Pointing out that people aren’t required to watch BBC only to pay the licence indicates that it isn’t a captive audience, you chose to focus on that as quoting law.

The BBC are still in the position of trying to produce content that is popular and watched, and in my opinion, they succeed on many levels, that’s why they need to attract talent. Like all taxes, it’s not universally popular, I have no issue with it, you might and that’s your problem not mine. If the support to get rid of The BBC exists in it’s current form is strong enough, I’m sure this Government will do something about that.

daz

LE
Pointing out that people aren’t required to watch BBC only to pay the licence indicates that it isn’t a captive audience, you chose to focus on that as quoting law.

The BBC are still in the position of trying to produce content that is popular and watched, and in my opinion, they succeed on many levels, that’s why they need to attract talent. Like all taxes, it’s not universally popular, I have no issue with it, you might and that’s your problem not mine. If the support to get rid of The BBC exists in it’s current form is strong enough, I’m sure this Government will do something about that.
It might not be a captive audience, but it is, on the whole, a captive revenue stream - You can't go elsewhere for live TV without paying the BBC even if you don't, or won't use their services.

It wasn't a focus as you well know, it's only a couple of posts above this. I came into this hoping for reasonable discussion.

It might not be a captive audience, but it is, on the whole, a captive revenue stream - You can't go elsewhere for live TV without paying the BBC even if you don't, or won't use their services.
Absolutely.

That wins you the argument. Now give it a bloody rest.
You seem to be the one getting very irate. If you want to debate the BBC Licence fee, then go to a thread about it, or start one. I merely pointed out that The BBC payment to famous people is different to government departments and as it’s obviously one of your pet issues, you decided to go on about it.

I will post whenever I want, I don’t require you to tell me when to stop.

I'd like to see some figures from that.
BBC's annual income in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2019 by source
Published by Statista Research Department, Sep 20, 2019
In the year ending March 31, 2019, the BBC saw an income of approximately 4.9 billion British pounds. Of this, 3.69 billion British pounds were attributed to the license fees paid by UK households. According to the BBC, the average annual household license fee came to 12.54 British pounds, up 29 pence from the previous year. The BBC is a cornerstone of the British TV industry with BBC 1 being used weekly by almost 70 percent of the population.

BBC's annual income in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2019 by source
Published by Statista Research Department, Sep 20, 2019
In the year ending March 31, 2019, the BBC saw an income of approximately 4.9 billion British pounds. Of this, 3.69 billion British pounds were attributed to the license fees paid by UK households. According to the BBC, the average annual household license fee came to 12.54 British pounds, up 29 pence from the previous year. The BBC is a cornerstone of the British TV industry with BBC 1 being used weekly by almost 70 percent of the population.
My bold, I'd seriously like to see that lot broken down a bit, and also like to know where they get the 70% weekly using BBC1. My ACTUAL annual licence fee was £150.50

This last year has been £0, I have given up on broadcast TV. BBC airs very little that I want to watch. Other content is legally viewable free.

My bold, I'd seriously like to see that lot broken down a bit, and also like to know where they get the 70% weekly using BBC1. My ACTUAL annual licence fee was £150.50

This last year has been £0, I have given up on broadcast TV. BBC airs very little that I want to watch. Other content is legally viewable free.
I assumed the "12.54 British pounds" was some sort of typo.
Some more numbers here.

WTF has the licence fee got to do with Patel and her wanting to get a bit strident with the criminal untermensch.

Thankyou for making your position clear.
As I consider only the lower IQ types would enjoy bbc I definitely now know where you stand.

Latest Threads