Prison offices go on strike..... No one told me!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Biggles4221, Aug 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just found this on BT. This is the first l've heard of it and l'm a Prison Officer! No one knows whos stagging on the prisons either. Any other prison officers out there got a clue whats going on? Please say the Army have'nt got the short straw again. Granted l'd love to see a job lot of Squaddies thrashing the prisoners but we're that sodding stretched!
  2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Just had a call from my brother, first he knew was on the Beeb, then he got a flat on his way to work so he won't know what's happenning till he get to the gates!
  3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Biggles, judging by the report you should be off home taking the day off.
  4. Time to dust off Blunkett's plan for using prisoners as Figure 11's! :twisted:

Solves the overcrowding problem, 100% effective as rehabilitation - noone shot with a Gimpy ever re-offended - AND improves morale amongst PO's!

Damn, I'm good... 8)
  5. Well done lads and lasses, not before time, not only for the pay but the conditions you work in, this is the first time for 35 years.
  6. :D Good they have been treated badly for some time cut down on cell searches crap pay offer Straw needs stuffin :x
  7. Some one on BBC 5 Live just complaining they don't get paid enough money. Apparantley starts at £15000 what does a squaddie earn today when signing up?

No one disagrees they've been treated badly, but what effect will this have on our overstretched forces, IF it continues. Will the army be called in to man the prisons?
    This old basta*d been out 18 years so out of touch.
  8. Excuse me, 35 years? sometime between 10 and 20 more like surely?
  9. Work to rule various times, meetings outside the gate and you had Wandsworth and others like Gloucester (fish and Chips) , but first national full strike for 35 years.
  10. Sack all the prison officers , leave all prisoners locked in their cells and forget about them . Build new prisons and start all over again .
  11. Why build new prisons? Just chuck the new cons on top of the decomposing corpse of the previous resident... :twisted:
  12. Why build when you can burn!!!!!
    Burn down the old prisons with the old 'dead' inmates - saves on burying them. Let new prisoners clear the ground and build the new prisons (training for their release) then lock them all up for 24x7, no food/water etc and the proces starts all over again...

The Circle of A Lifer (queue Sir Elton singing his song)
  13. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

In a word No. The forces are not part of the contingency plan. Not that there are any to use anyway.
  14. Spoke to my nick. Turns out not all have gone on strike. People in probation are stagging on and management. I belive it will be up to the police to stag on and not the forces (whats left) so at least the police will get paid over time! I will be going to work regardless about the fact l'm still in probation, for a few reasons, The main one is l'm not Jack and l'm going to help out with the bods that did'nt strike!
  15. Biggles, Word of advice, if you are in the POA speak to your rep and explain why you feel you need to go in, it may help after........or PM me, I have 22 years in and just about to retire