Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Prison Officers on Strike

Idontbelieveit said:
As a prison officer (also ex forces) I 'd like to thank everyone for their support.
Don't thank me, I think your a bunch of cowards.
Idontbelieveit said:
For the benefit of Clausewitz I also think that Forces pay is disgusting and no reward for the work they carry out.
Agreed, thats why I left and found a better job.

If your not happy I suggest you do the same.

Yes IT Guy explain why we are cowards in the prison service I would really like to hear this one. What do you do now bet you man the door at Mothercare!

Public sector et al may moan about pay etc cos it doesnt rise in line with life.

'If you dont like it .....blah blah blah' is such a cop out answer, someones got to do it.

sidrct said:
Yes IT Guy explain why we are cowards in the prison service I would really like to hear this one. What do you do now bet you man the door at Mothercare!
Yes, I man the door at mothercare, thats why I called myself 'IT_Guy' :roll:

I saw many people in the Army doing nothing but moaning about the pay/accommodation/senior ranks/promotion prospects/add suitable whinge here, I'm sure the same things are said now as they where when I was in 7 years ago, if you don't like it - leave.

If your not happy with your pay or conditions have the balls to tell them to shove it, get a better job.

Or are you worried you may not find the grass quite as green on the other side?

Still nothing about why I am a coward IT Guy just because we moan about pay etc does this make me a coward. Are guys who moan about forces conditions cowards as well.
I see people do brave things every day and get no recognition, get back on Mothercare door and chuck they kids out its all your good for

Idontbelieveit said:
When the going gets tough..................leave!
Is that the answer.
Do you think that moving your family and starting a new career from scratch is the easy way out?

I suggest it is you who is taking the easy option.

I have the same attitude with any public sector workers, as I said, you can't have it both ways.

How about we outsource the lot to group 4 instead? Would you be happier then?

Hugh_the_screw said:
I have now spent my first day ever on strike. there were many ex forces who are now prison officer with me. Do you think the public support this action????????

I'm certainly not behind this! Prison officers get a bloody good pay in comparison to other 'uniformed services'. I have an ex-squaddie friend just joined, she's starting on just under £18k and in a couple of years will be on approx £29k , performance granting. If she was still in green she'd have to put a hell of a lot longer in, and would have more chance of being placed in 'danger' than most POs, to get that money. Not only are POs IMHO whinging for nothing, it's usually the Police or the Army who end up picking up their slack. So there'll be no support for your strike, or any future ones, from this underpaid person.

Perhaps if the government spent a little less on providing cons with all the comforts of home and channeled the money into paying the POs a better salary we,d see happier POs and fewre re-offenders.