Prison Officers on Strike

no.

What is it you are striking for?

Can't be arrsed looking for myself....

Hugh_the_screw said:
I have now spent my first day ever on strike. there were many ex forces who are now prison officer with me. Do you think the public support this action????????
Definatly - good on ya and go *"screw"* the government

*see what I did there

Hugh_the_screw said:
I have now spent my first day ever on strike. there were many ex forces who are now prison officer with me. Do you think the public support this action????????
Probably not as much as you would hope, but thats because they don't know the truth about the job. eg most people think Tornado is a big gust of wind or an airplane.

for what it counts which is jack sh1t in the scheme of thing you have my support.

Hugh_the_screw said:
I have now spent my first day ever on strike.
And an illegal, wildcat strike, to boot. LOL. Good for you, Comrade Screw. 8O

there were many ex forces who are now prison officer with me.
Excellent. Perhaps they'll tell their sons and daughters currently serving in the military to join BAFF and get themselves organised also.

Do you think the public support this action????????
Uh... partly. They're shit-scared of 100,000 prisoners going over the wall so will have limited sympathy for you. But they’ll have seen too many episodes of ‘Porridge’ to love a screw.

But the government will be bricking it, which was the main point of the exercise. To deliver illegal unofficial strike action in 2007 Britain on today’s scale is quite an achievement for the POA.

I know a lad who is a prison screw. From what he tells me about the job and the pay he gets I'm fcuked if I'd do it.

You've got my support purely on the wages thing alone.

I didn't really support this until the useless tw*t Jack Straw starting gobbing of on BBC news.
Amazing how this dickhead can make the public support the strikers.

I'm about to get out and thought about the prison service. Once I found out what they get paid, thats all it was......a thought.
So yes, I support you.

I'm behind this 100%. Only surprised that it's taken this long for something to happen, it's been brewing for years.

Hugh_the_screw said:
I think we all sympathise with the fact that the government reneges on its promises and is not funding anything correctly.

I think the lightning manner in which it was conducted with very little disruption (24 hours only) will show that you are serious.

I support you, government asks too much these days especially with the fcuking chav scum that seem to be infesting the prisons.

I am in the job, loads of support, well done all of you.

Thanks for the support nice to know some people think we are doing the right thing. Is any one upset that the poor crims wil have to spend a whole day locked in their cells with only day time TV and a kettle for company

i am 100% behind the strike by prison officers, but i am also really angry and frustrated about it. purely because for years we in the military have been prevented from striking or even organising in any kind of form. why is it that the military is constantly shafted by the government and even the mod, and the only time improvements and changes are made is when it makes headline news??? i am really trying to care about the prison strike but the constant disapointment one feels with my own government and the treatment and lack of regard and respect with which the government shows myself and my fellow soldiers it is very hard. purely because the government will eventually relent and give in to the prison officers, just like it did for the fire service, and what it will do for the police service as well (as they are now hinting at action) but how are we to change or effect anything in the military. simple we cannot. as more and more of my friends sign off as soon as they have done their minimum term of service to seek better paid employment and frankly slightly more fulfilling. purely because they are no longer the silent mass within the military and what they say and do in civvy street actually counts. i am proud to call myself a proffessional soldier and i have never griped ever before in my military career, but where does it stop? is everyone in the public service apart from the military going to have a starting wage of more than 20,000 pounds a year? i have every sympathy for the prison service i hope they get what they are after and one day we might who knows??? lol!!!