Prison, Ch 4 last night

Cheers

If there is a crime in prison (eg an assault) I assume the police are called to investigate?
Con on con, the con is asked if he wants police involvement, the answer is usually no because of fear of reprisals.

Con on staff, our two police liaison officers (Sgt & Const) are normally on it straight away taking statements & gathering evidence.
We do have an excellent relationship with the local constabulary, which is how it should be.
So if it can do, it'll proceed.

Interesting episode last night on Mental Health. The in-house Mental Health nurse, said about 3/4 of the inmates has some form of MH. Is it the fact that they have some form of MH puts them their in the first place, or is it the combination of incarceration and illicit psychoactive drugs, or something else?

Odd that the guy who appeared to believe that there was a conspiracy to kill him and was hearing voices telling as such, and appearing to be responding well to (medical) treatment, ended up dead.
Perhaps their was a plot to kill him and he wasn't suffering any MH? :shock:

That horrendous twat that was on the dirty protest and smashing his own cell up if he didn't get his way? I would have left him to rot in his shit smeared cell.

Rarely if it's con on staff.
Do the cons get a few digs on the way to solitary if they have been slapping screws about?

Do the cons get a few digs on the way to solitary if they have been slapping screws about?
Short answer no. There would be far too many witnesses about. I know of a con who was allowed to walk to the seg uncuffed. After he had knocked out a female officer.

That horrendous twat that was on the dirty protest and smashing his own cell up if he didn't get his way? I would have left him to rot in his shit smeared cell.
If there is more than one on a dirty protest, hint that they'll be swapping cells. I've seen this done and all involved decided to come off their protests very soon after.

If they damage or defecate in Police cells or vehicles, we tend to add a criminal damage charge to their sheet for court. Don’t suppose it makes much difference but it portrays them as the scum they are in court.

Interesting episode last night on Mental Health. The in-house Mental Health nurse, said about 3/4 of the inmates has some form of MH. Is it the fact that they have some form of MH puts them their in the first place, or is it the combination of incarceration and illicit psychoactive drugs, or something else?

Odd that the guy who appeared to believe that there was a conspiracy to kill him and was hearing voices telling as such, and appearing to be responding well to (medical) treatment, ended up dead.
Perhaps their was a plot to kill him and he wasn't suffering any MH? :shock:
Sure if your depressed (for example) being found guilty and put in jail it isn’t going to help

I suppose what makes this prison on the programme is for prisons on remand if it was a commital prison the atmosphere (should be) very different

If they damage or defecate in Police cells or vehicles, we tend to add a criminal damage charge to their sheet for court. Don’t suppose it makes much difference but it portrays them as the scum they are in court.
Whose job is it to clean up the shit?

We used to have a deep cleaning team on contract that came out to deal with any bodily fluids. That went by the way when Theresa put the financial screws on, it’s now done by custody staff and the normal cleaners. Vans are cleaned out by the cops on duty at the time.

In prison, it's the cons who do it. After they do a 'hazardous waste' type of training course. It is quite a sought after course, because they get an enhanced pay rate and a genuine qualification that they can use on civvi street, that pays pretty good money, I understand.

Very sad about that lad James - prison wasn't the place for him, I genuinely hoped he would get that psych bed and progress. Are with Chris who took proactive steps to sort his problems. As for that northern creature, words ******* fail me. He's bad, not mad - awful cnut even a mother couldn't love.

Last edited: