• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Prison, Ch 4 last night

Watched this last night Linky. Thought it was a brilliant look inside Durham nick. Felt sorry for the screws and thought it showed the total lack of rehabilitation that the lefties harp on about. The cons were totally blatant about their drug use and business.
Lack of prison officers and the overflow of drugs make for a nightmare situation. Certainly not a job I'd like to do and I feel for the guys that do it.
Looking forward to the rest of the series.

AfghanAndy

On ROPS
On ROPs
Watched this last night Linky. Thought it was a brilliant look inside Durham nick. Felt sorry for the screws and thought it showed the total lack of rehabilitation that the lefties harp on about. The cons were totally blatant about their drug use and business.
Lack of prison officers and the overflow of drugs make for a nightmare situation. Certainly not a job I'd like to do and I feel for the guys that do it.
Looking forward to the rest of the series.
Caught some of it and rather liked what I saw.

Great viewing, great access and a bizzare level of openness extracted from the cons by the film crew.

The prison officers barely seemed in control.

Some funny criminals, some desperate losers and some that needed a cell with the water hose and cattle prod treatment

A mad revolving door of criminal losers who are badly managed by a dwindling number of coppers/prison officers/drug services all soaking up our tax dollar with no progress.

AfghanAndy

On ROPS
On ROPs
Great viewing, great access and a bizzare level of openness extracted from the cons by the film crew.

The prison officers barely seemed in control.

Some funny criminals, some desperate losers and some that needed a cell with the water hose and cattle prod treatment

A mad revolving door of criminal losers who are badly managed by a dwindling number of coppers/prison officers/drug services all soaking up our tax dollar with no progress.
I liked the statement at the end where they highlighted that most of the prisoners were in for minor crimes to help fund their drug habits and weren’t in long enough to do anything about it.

I was shocked with the guy who had been spiced. It appears that irrespective of prison office numbers, they’re doesn’t seem to be a mechanism for the gob shite Geordie characters.

Missed it, but I saw the docu on Wednesday about Sheriff Joe's desert camp prison, where the cons know who is in control.
The convicted criminal who didn't think the law applied to him?

ugly

LE
The drugs get into prison from outside, ask yourself who is smuggling drugs into prison.

They were bleating on about having to live in the desert in a military tent, and having to wear pink. What a bunch of cry-babies. FFS, I have lived in a tent in the desert, never whinged about it, and had a pink Mohican, the dye for which I bought and paid for myself, not the taxpayer.

D

Deleted 155579

I don't hold with the theory that NOT sending them to prison is better, because by been sent down, they give some relief to the communities they prey on and the police who have to deal with them. Similarly its a misconception prison is about rehabilitation, you can't rehabilitate someone doesn't want to change his/her life.

I watched the docu and was surprised by the chaos of the place, the staff seemed overwhelmed and it was striking how much time out of the cell and prisoners allowed to mix and inevitably get up to mischief. Why they are allowed contact is a joke and is seemingly done as a tacit weakness to address the problem of how drugs get into prisons.

If you were designing the system from ground up, those who want rehabilitation should get full support and some conditional reductions and those who don't, go into the hole until there full sentence is completed and released to reoffend again.

I don't hold with the theory that NOT sending them to prison is better, because by been sent down, they give some relief to the communities they prey on and the police who have to deal with them. Similarly its a misconception prison is about rehabilitation, you can't rehabilitate someone doesn't want to change his/her life.

I watched the docu and was surprised by the chaos of the place, the staff seemed overwhelmed and it was striking how much time out of the cell and prisoners allowed to mix and inevitably get up to mischief. Why they are allowed contact is a joke and is seemingly done as a tacit weakness to address the problem of how drugs get into prisons.

If you were designing the system from ground up, those who want rehabilitation should get full support and some conditional reductions and those who don't, go into the hole until there full sentence is completed and released to reoffend again.
I'm of a mind to go back to the old days. You want power to run your tv and xbox? You do a certain amount of hours on the dynamo treadmill to generate the power you use. You want to eat? You break a certain weight in rocks a day.
Prison should be a punishment, not a place you get 3 squares, a tv and easy access to drugs.

ugly

LE
A stoned prisoner is a compliant prisoner.
If only, the majority of violent crime in prisons is committed by inmates looking for a fix or already off their tits on Spice. The Person we visit most locks herself in when it kicks off which is a daily event!

D

Deleted 155579

I'm of a mind to go back to the old days. You want power to run your tv and xbox? You do a certain amount of hours on the dynamo treadmill to generate the power you use. You want to eat? You break a certain weight in rocks a day.
Prison should be a punishment, not a place you get 3 squares, a tv and easy access to drugs.
Prisons should operate like monasteries, no talking, unless spoken to by a guard and/or medical person in relation to rehabilitation, where family contact can be introduced as a reward. Infringe the rules, you go to the hole and rot out your remaining sentence in even more gloomy seclusion.

People only change when they shut out the world for a period and listen more to the inner voice inside of them or talk to someone else who loves or wants to help you.

Or Deepcut, as the RLC hierarchy like to call it

D

Deleted 155579

What category of prison was it? A, B, C Inunderstand this differ depending on the institution.
I think it was Frankland which is a cat A.
Oddly, I was once offered a job teaching IT to prisoners there. But, my present company subbed me a 6k payrise to stay. Maybe I should pay it back after watching that programme.

ugly

LE
Depends what he's on. He might also freak out and do something stupid, that he would not otherwise do.
Spice is a real problem inside, they have taken extreme measures to smuggle drugs in and the prisons are struggling to cope.

Spice is a real problem inside, they have taken extreme measures to smuggle drugs in and the prisons are struggling to cope.
Dilute the spice, soak it into a piece of mail for a prisoner and let it dry. Write on paper a per usual and mail to prisoner.

Prisoner then smokes bits of letter and hay presto! drugged up arrse hole.