Priscilla, Queen of the Desert

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by vinniethemanxcat, Apr 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The DVD was very good and Guy Pierce is a babe.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Screamers.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah but you'd have to be really straight if you'd not chuck one up Guy Pierce.
  4. I'd do him.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I'm definitely straight then. Went to see it at the cinema with my girlfriend at the time when it first came out (excuse the pun). Was most likely the only straight bloke in the place. Very enjoyable movie all the same.
  6. I'm embarrassed it's Australian. Where's Mad Max the opera?
  7. Mad max is camp as Christmas.
  8. I preferred "To Wong Foo ................."

Wesley Snipes camper than camp.
  9. Not seen the stage show, the film is ******* great
  10. Thats fighting talk, pilgrim.
  11. Saw the film first..... it's quite a dark film, the humour is quite black, but the show is very feelgood, over the top camp.

There's a lot of sharp dry wit in there, I won't spoil it for you, but there was one gag....... the next day in the office, someone innocently offered my wife's gang a ginger biscuit.

They all cracked up, there must have been a rainbow over their desks.......
  12. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Never seen anything like it in my life! So funny in places I nearly pissed myself, especially the "I'm not confused" deputy sheriff.
  13. Well the first one does feature a "versatile" biker gang and it's got that Papist anti-semite in it who hates his missus in it. I've never been trusting of eyeliner wearing men who address each other as "puppy", they could be from Lisburn.
  14. Not when it's done as a Gilbert & Sullivan opera.