Priority healthcare for veterans

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by stinker, Nov 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well, the government has bowed to pressure and finally announced a initiatve which will care for veterans.

I can't help but think with the 'dedicated' military ward at Selly Oak and this latest plan that it would be cheaper to re-use Haslar as a Military Hospital centralising heathcare for the military in one geographical location.

This would however represent a U turn in government policy and they would have to admit they were wrong (extremely unlikely).

I was under the impression that the Armed Forces were already entitled to 'priority treatment' just that no-one bothered to tell the NHS. More spin from a government on the ropes?

Mr Brown, the solution to your/this dilemma is quite straight forward, Re-open Haslar as a Military hospital now.
  2. The really telling line in the article is
    <<<Priority of care will be based on level of need.>>>
    Who will decide who is most in need, doctors or managers?
  3. i think you will just see more spin on this issue from the govt. No chance are we going to see any more military hospitals getting set up we will have to wait at the beck and call of the NHS and of course the assorted NIMBY's that will have the what about me attitude or buld it somewhere that i won't lower thier house price
  4. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

It is indeed the most telling line. Mainly because it means that they will take their place in the queue with everyone else in the nation being prioritised. Just as they do now. So, just another piece of spin from New Labour. Did we really, really, expect anything else from this government?

Fine words may butter no parsnips, but they are New Labour's favoured means of dealing with the armed forces since they cost so very little whilst promising so much.