Printer help

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by BossHogg, Aug 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just acquired a second computer for e_m junior and being the tight cnut that I am, I don't want to purchase a printer for his computer when mine is good enough for both of them. Both computers are side by side in my office, what's the best way of connecting the printer so both computers can use it? any help would be appreciated :wink:
  2. Are the computers networked together, e.g. both connecting to the internet through the same wireless router?

If so, you can share the printer on the network.
  3. ...otherwise, it's bound to have a USB connection, as they all do nowadays, in which case you can connect to your hearts' content with a bit of wire and a USB hub.
  4. Or use the printer sharing facilty. Downside is that it relies on both PCs being switched on to work.
  5. msr

msr LE

Or just plug the usb cable into the computer from which you wish to print.
  6. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

Depending on the type of printer, there should be two connections, parallels and/or USBs.
    Just connect one computer to the first one and the other computer to the second one.
  7. It has a parallel socket and a USB socket. Both computers are connected to the internet through the same wireless router. So it's fairly straight forward to connect up. That'll do me, I don't have to fork out for anything as I have all the necessary cables. :)