Princess threads - thank you to the grown-ups

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by FORMER_FYRDMAN, Oct 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Just a quick post to congratulate the powers that be for their intelligent handling of both the multiple Princess Production threads and the surrender talks which followed and to say thank you for allowing a potentially risky encounter to play as it did.

2. Yes I fully agree. You creep.

3. Good Call. We have all had great fun out of this. As ever Good & Bad CO played a great game and kept us right.

The Power of ARSSE is a power for idiots to ignore.

4. You ******* bummer.

• Like Like x 1
  5. It was a mistake by a 'miltary ignorant' member of their staff, not an international ******* incident. Sense of perspective needed you sad ****.

• Like Like x 3
  6. *Makes a sucking noise*

7. FORMER_FYRDMAN

Absolutely! I told everyone I was a careerist swine when I opted for the gorgeous Henrietta.

8. What Princess Production threads?

• Like Like x 3
  9. I reckon it would have been so easy to hit the off button, and a grown ups finger was probably hovering very close to it.

Some MODS have a hair trigger finger, so fair play to all.

Putting some of the (unfortunately, only to be expected) idiotic posts to one side, it was an excellent thread.

More please.

10. Let's start a thread and see if the power of Arrse can cure cancer.

What? You mean its only a website!?

Gee whiz.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Indeed, we should clearly be concentrating on Starbucks refusing to send... oh **** it, I cannot be bothered.

12. Yes, and what about McDonalds paying money to the IRA, and...

Gay post Frydman BTW

13. Can't wait to see what this Fridays 17.31pm epics going to be......

14. FORMER_FYRDMAN

Absolutely right and that perspective's a legal one. And, given the state of England's libel laws, it takes bollocks to allow your website membership to trash a Murdoch asset valued at £260 million. We wouldn't have had any fun if the threads had gone the way of that one about exploring inside the wreck of the PoW and I'm willing to bet that most of us, me included, would have Modded on the safe side; so thanks again, in a sucky, creepy, wind up Five Alpha who hasn't a clue on this one and relies on others to keep him out of the legal shit every time he posts, sort of way.

15. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Thank you. It is always nice to get feedback from the little people. Because at the end of the day, the little people like you are not so little after all. Because there are lots of you.

Thank you again. I feel I played a blinder walking the tightrope between "Sorry, didn't see you there" and "See you Jimmy".

My associate Bad CO played his part until 20.35 on Friday when he fell down and wet himself. He rang me on Sunday at 11.15 and asked me if I could lend him £20 to take his Mum out for lunch. I got a voicemail at 22.14 Sunday night which was mostly howling animal noises. He is Belgian you know.

So yes. On behalf of me and my oppo Bad CO and all our loyal Moderators, thanks. We live to serve.

• Like Like x 4