Prince William

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Lid140, Sep 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I see Prince William is to join The Blues & Royals like his brother. What's up with the Life Guards, or any other cavalry regiment for that matter?

2. Whats wrong with the infantry :? (I will not bite :D )

3. Indeed...Wouldn't it be a nice change to see a Royal join the Engineers or REME?

4. I think the pioneer corps would be good!

5. Only cav is suitable for royalty, all lesser corps just arn't up to scratch.
    Standby ;)

6. In fact the sons of the monarch usually join the navy. This is a turn away from tradition but if they're going to be Cav they may as well be in the outfit that looks after granny.

7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Life guards just like James Hewitt and Camillas ex?
    I can see that going down well abck at home with daddy
    Plus when the HCR deploy back to the pit or the stan the a quick posting to Knightsbridge to guard granny might be the order of the day
    Do we really expect the heir to the throne to deploy with a Sqn ?
    As much as he and his brother want to I just can't see it
    I commend them on there statements about going with their men but I can't see them commanding a Spartan with a CP team in the back
    It would just not be effective
    Where would it leave the goverment if one or both were killed on ops?
    I can maybe see a kosovo or Bosnia deployment but no more

Give it a couple of years and then they can go and get the full uniform collection like the rest of the familly

8. Hmmmm or even their Granny!

9. Type in haste, repent at leisure. Edited and thanks for pointing that out.

10. Camillas ex as you so rudely put it was a Blue and royal :pissedoff:

11. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Apologies T_B
    I stand corrected
    However a member of HCR once told me that HRH Prince Charles hates them and walks out the room if they appear on T.V
    Can you shed any light on this or is it a myth?

12. You'd think PWRR would be apt.

13. Did anyone else that asked MCM Div to be posted close to home get what they wanted?

Favouritism that's what I call it!!

14. Did hear of a certain Princess who enjoyed the Blues n Royals mess in Munster, kept forgetting what room she was in.

15. Still think REME would be good. "I've chucked a track and the BV's up the creek again Sir, got yer spanners handy?" :)