Prince William

#1
I see Prince William is to join The Blues & Royals like his brother. What's up with the Life Guards, or any other cavalry regiment for that matter?
 
#4
I think the pioneer corps would be good!
 
#6
In fact the sons of the monarch usually join the navy. This is a turn away from tradition but if they're going to be Cav they may as well be in the outfit that looks after granny.
 

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
#7
stern said:
I see Prince William is to join The Blues & Royals like his brother. What's up with the Life Guards, or any other cavalry regiment for that matter?
Life guards just like James Hewitt and Camillas ex?
I can see that going down well abck at home with daddy
Plus when the HCR deploy back to the pit or the stan the a quick posting to Knightsbridge to guard granny might be the order of the day
Do we really expect the heir to the throne to deploy with a Sqn ?
As much as he and his brother want to I just can't see it
I commend them on there statements about going with their men but I can't see them commanding a Spartan with a CP team in the back
It would just not be effective
Where would it leave the goverment if one or both were killed on ops?
I can maybe see a kosovo or Bosnia deployment but no more

Give it a couple of years and then they can go and get the full uniform collection like the rest of the familly
 
#8
GDav said:
In fact the sons of the monarch usually join the navy. This is a turn away from tradition but if they're going to be Cav they may as well be in the outfit that looks after mummy.
Hmmmm or even their Granny!
 
#9
tebagagap said:
GDav said:
In fact the sons of the monarch usually join the navy. This is a turn away from tradition but if they're going to be Cav they may as well be in the outfit that looks after mummy.
Hmmmm or even their Granny!
Type in haste, repent at leisure. Edited and thanks for pointing that out.
 
#10
the_boy_syrup said:
stern said:
I see Prince William is to join The Blues & Royals like his brother. What's up with the Life Guards, or any other cavalry regiment for that matter?
Life guards just like James Hewitt and Camillas ex?
I can see that going down well abck at home with daddy
Plus when the HCR deploy back to the pit or the stan the a quick posting to Knightsbridge to guard granny might be the order of the day
Do we really expect the heir to the throne to deploy with a Sqn ?
As much as he and his brother want to I just can't see it
I commend them on there statements about going with their men but I can't see them commanding a Spartan with a CP team in the back
It would just not be effective
Where would it leave the goverment if one or both were killed on ops?
I can maybe see a kosovo or Bosnia deployment but no more

Give it a couple of years and then they can go and get the full uniform collection like the rest of the familly
Camillas ex as you so rudely put it was a Blue and royal :pissedoff:
 

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
#11
Apologies T_B
I stand corrected
However a member of HCR once told me that HRH Prince Charles hates them and walks out the room if they appear on T.V
Can you shed any light on this or is it a myth?
 
#14
Did hear of a certain Princess who enjoyed the Blues n Royals mess in Munster, kept forgetting what room she was in.
 
#17
I guess that part of will be security costs, ie that it is cheaper and simpler if they are in the same unit.

Personnally I think that they should be given their wish and serve on ops. It might make the public realise the risks people face.

If they really want to serve their country, and go on deployments then they could join the Royal Navy and serve in submarines. That way their men are in no more risk, as no one knows where a submarine is. And who better to trust a ballistic missile submarine to? But hang on, distinct lack of stables so maybe not...
 
#18
lanky said:
I guess that part of will be security costs, ie that it is cheaper and simpler if they are in the same unit.

Personnally I think that they should be given their wish and serve on ops. It might make the public realise the risks people face.

If they really want to serve their country, and go on deployments then they could join the Royal Navy and serve in submarines. That way their men are in no more risk, as no one knows where a submarine is. And who better to trust a ballistic missile submarine to? But hang on, distinct lack of stables so maybe not...
Submarines, now there's an interesting concept. Imagine the tabloid press desperately trying to hire some old diesel boat to keep tabs on him. Lack of stables and lavish mess lash-ups would be a problem though.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top