Prince William to serve in Ulster says Sunday Mirror

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Romeo_47, Feb 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I read the Sunday Mirror it says He is to serve in Ulster for 2 months. It says he will be based outside Belfast and will be sent on attachment to one of the Battlions in Belfast.

2. About as exciting as going to Colchester, these days, surely.

Are they still dishing out GSMs for NI? If so - why?

3. All normalised now - We all love each other and can forget the past!

4. There's scope here for I can't believe it's not the IRA to up their media profile.

5. What as OC area cleaning. Poor sod joined up to have a go and will be stuck in a gilded cage doing bone staff jobs.

6. Still in years to come it will raise the profile of veterans who served in Ulster, If the King is a holder of 1962 GSM with bar Northern Ireland (even if he was only there to lock up and turn the lights off).
    This surly can only be a good thing as it been a forgotten campaign for most of its duration so good luck to him. I say.

7. Let's not be hypocritical here. I can name a number of people who went out and sat in an ops. room or office for the required 30 days and came back with the medal.

Also, how many have passed through the Falklands since hostilities ended and picked up a medal in the process?

8. I certainly haven't forgotten!

9. Im not sure if they are giving out GSMs for the Falklands, in fact i was reading a letter in Soldier magazine, this months issue, one squaddie was complaining that he isn't getting one, according to SM, it seems that the falkland posting is not considered dangerous enough for one, unless you count being mugged by Gentoos, chinstrap penguins and seals.

10. None only those who did the fighting Got the South Atlantic Medal.

11. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

They haven't handed out a gong for the Falklands since the end of the conflict in 82.

12. I´m reminded every F@c*en day, Wish I could forget though.........
    :threaten: :threaten: :threaten: :threaten: :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist:

13. I suppose its nothing, I got bored on so i put this on papers dramatise things to make money these days.

14. Mmmmm let think....no one!!! If they have been then they owe me 4 shiny new meadals!

15. Feck it! Hand out more medals to everyone! Like the yanks! If it makes us feel better then great! It might pick up moral and help us all get laid more at functions with civvies attending!

I am no war hero but I am proud of my little metal records of service!

Good on Wills and Harry! Get them gonnged up!